Followers

Friday, August 13, 2010

$4/$8 At The Rivers

11:20 $200 - I'm opening the first table of the day (Sat 8/7).  We had to wait for at least 10 minutes for various players to walk over from their $1/$3 tables. We finally start with eight players. At 40 yrs old, I am the youngest player at the table by 10 years.

12:00 $192 - Table is filled up now, which includes a 20's guy on my direct Left. Action is kinda calm, with no 7-Card Bingo players yet. There has actually been some preflop raises, but there are a couple of Super Nits who don't ever raise with Overpairs. I've only won one pot so far. I had KQh in the BB. I flopped the Nut Flush draw, and hit it on the River.

12:30 $225 - I raise ($8) with AQ in the Hyjack. The Cutoff (20's guy) 3-Bets ($12). Two players call, and so do I. Flop was low cards with two Hearts. The Cutoff bets ($4). An Old Guy and myself call. The Turn brought the Ah. We ended up checking it down. The Old Guy and myself chop the Pot with AQ. The Cutoff had JJ.

Two hands later, I raised preflop with JJ. Four players saw the Flop of J 6 6. You can figure out the rest.

1:00 $276 - UTG raised ($8). I 3-Bet ($12) in Mid position with JJ, and only UTG called. Flop Kd 7c 3d. He checks. I bet ($4). He called. Turn [Kd 7c 3d] Jh. He checked. I bet ($8). He called. River [Kd 7c 3d Jh] Ac. He checked. I bet ($8). He folded.

I'm the SB, and limp with KJc. Six players saw a Flop of Qc 9s 8d. The BB bet. He's a 20's guy who's a good player, but having a bad session. It folded around to the Button, who called. BB comments that he's earned some respect at the table. I also call with a Gutshot and Overcard, I said that I have no respect for him (in jest, of course), plus I've got outs. Turn [Qc 9s 8d] 8c. I pick up a Flush draw, so I bet. Both players fold, and I showed my bluff.

I raise in Mid with AKh. Only the BB called. I hit the K on the Flop. He hit Middle pair, but rivered a 4-Card Straight. I did manage to save a Bet by checking the River.

1:30 $320 - Bunch of limpers. I'm the Button with Th Td. I don't raise, because everyone will call. Seven players see a Flop of Tc 5s 5h. I guess I should have raised. UTG bet. Mid called. I slowplay, and just call. Turn [Tc 5c 5h] Kc. UTG checked. Mid bet. I call. UTG called. River [Tc 5c 5h Kc] 8s. UTG checked. Mid bet ($8). It's time for me to raise ($16). UTG folded. Mid 3-Bets ($24). I cap the betting ($32). Mid called with 53d.

I limp UTG+2 with ATh. The Button (older tight player) raised. Four players see a Flop of Tc 2c 2h. It checks to me, and I decided to bet. I want to see if the Button will raise with an Overpair, and he did. The BB cold called the raise, and so did I. Turn [Tc 2c 2h] 6s. It checked around to the Button, who bet. The BB called again. I think the Button has an Overpair. With the pot size, I'm getting some odds to hit my 5-outer. But the BB is who I'm concerned about. If he's got a 2, then I'm screwed. I reluctantly decided to fold. River [Tc 2c 2h 6s] Ah. BB checked. Button checked his KK. BB showed A6c for Two Pair, and a missed Flush draw. I think my fold might have been a mistake. It was one of those marginal Limit spots that shows my lack of Limit experience.

2:00 $339 - I limp on the Button with JTs. Six players see a Flop of Jc 9c 8d. The SB bets. BB and UTG calls. I raise. SB calls. BB and UTG fold. Turn [Jc 9c 8d] 7c. SB checks. I hit my Straight, but the Flush got there. At a $1/$2 table, I would probably just check here. But this is Limit, so I bet. If he raises, then I'll probably fold. But the SB just calls. River [Jc 9c 8d 7c] 5c. SB checks. I have to check now due to the 4th Club. SB shows 98 (no Clubs) for Two Pair.

2:30 $369 - I raised with AQs in Mid position. Three players see a Flop of Qd 9d 5s. I bet. It folds around to the BB, who check-raises. I just call. Turn [Qd 9d 5s] 3s. BB bets. I decide to raise, now that I've picked up a Flush Draw. BB calls. River [Qd 9d 5s 3s] 6h. BB checks, and so do I. BB says that he's got a Q. I show my Top Top, and scoop the pot.

3:00 $390 - I raise with KK in the Cutoff. Four players see an A-high Flop. It checks around. I call a Turn bet, and the River got checked around. My KK was good.

I limp with KJ in Mid position, and the Hyjack raised. Five players see a K-high Flop with a Diamond draw. I decided to bet out, and surprisingly only the Hyjack called. I also bet the Turn, but he folded.

3:30 $422 - I raised with AK, and got called by AQ. The Flop was QTx. I checked and called his bet on the Flop and Turn. I hit my Broadway draw on the River, and check-raised him.

4:00 $407 - I limp ($4) on the Button with 8c 6s. The BB raises ($8). Seven players see a Flop of 9s 8s 6d. BB bet ($4). Mid1 calls. Mid2 raises ($8). Two more players call. I decide to 3-Bet ($12) because there are just too many players in this pot, and that is an ugly board for Bottom Two Pair. Only Mid1 and Mid2 call. Turn [9s 8s 6d] Td. Mid1 and Mid2 check. I don't like that card, so I also check. River [9s 8s 6d Td] 4d. Mid1 bet ($8). Mid2 calls, and so do I. Mid1 has 98 for Two Pair, but Mid2 wins the pot was 88 for a Set. Nasty cooler for me to be in 3rd place, but fortunately this was a Limit hand.

4:30 $450 - I raise with ATd. Five players see a Flop of Ac Kc 6d. I bet, and the Hyjack raised. He's a 60's gentleman who recently sat down. I'm the only caller, but I assume that I'm behind. Turn [Ac Kc 6d] 3h. I check. He bets. I call. River [Ac Kc 6d 3h] 8d.  I check. He bets. I call. He says, "J-high", and shows JTc for the missed Royal Flush draw.

Shortly after that hand, I cashed out and went to dinner at the Buffet.

1 comment:

ant said...

at least you finished with a bit of cash in your pocket. so how was the buffet?