Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hand Of The Day #48

$1/$1 NLHE - Dave's Poker Pit - 07.28.10

It limps to me on the Button, and I limp with 95h. The SB (Danny C) raises to $7. BB (Chan) folds. I call only because I'm on the Button. As I grab the card to start dealing the Flop, he checks in the dark. I don't understand why players raise preflop, and then check in the dark. It just seems like they were trying to make a move. So I set the deck down, and bet $15 in the dark. He waits for me to deal the Flop of Ad Td Ts, and calls.

Turn [Ad Td Ts] 3h. He checks. Since he gave me control of this hand, I might as well use it. I bet $25, and he calls.

River [Ad Td Ts 3h] 7s. He checks again. Well, I've come this far, so I might as well "Empty the Clip" since I doubt 9-high will take down this pot. So how much do I bet? He's a loose player, and not a big fan of folding. I decide to make the same $25 bet. It will look like a Value Bet. Plus, I will only lose another $25 rather than $40 or $50 when he calls.

But he doesn't call. He thinks about it for a moment, looks back at his hand, and folds Jc Js face up. Naturally, I show my 9-high.

He didn't say a word.

No comments: