Followers

Monday, May 2, 2011

May News & Notes

- Peppermill's New Room is coming along nicely. The photo was taking yesterday morning, along with other photos that are in the Peppermill Review section.

Officially, the opening day is May 10 with 19 tables. I've heard that they are ahead of schedule, and it may open a day or two sooner. I've also heard they're trying to squeeze a few more tables into the room. If you look closely at the photo, you will see a room in the back with the big windows. I heard that will be a separate tournament area, but it looks too small for five or six tables. It may just be a High Limit room for the bigger games.

I don't know if they are planning some Grand Opening event like Greektown did for their new poker room a couple of years ago, or if they're just gonna use the upcoming tournament series. Either way, I will be there on Opening Day, and will give a full report.

- On Friday, I logged on PokerStars to cashout my $259.74, and then uninstalled PokerStars. I waited a few days because I wanted to hear about players receiving their funds, and players were getting their money within two days. I still have around $180 on Cake Poker, but who knows how often I will play online.

- My bad run of cards hasn't really stopped yet, and my bankroll is getting smaller and smaller. I think I hit bottom on Saturday night. I went to the Atlantis to play some PLO-8. There was a list when I arrived, so I sat down for some $3/$6 and dusted off $100 in about an hour. The floor then said they might be opening a 2nd table of PLO-8, so I hung around for a bit. Instead, the opened up another $2/$3 NL table. I sat down with $400. Twenty minutes later, I lost it all. I'm not gonna share the hand because it will sound like a Bad Beat Story, but it was another ridiculous situation.

If things went as bad on Sunday, then I would have to shift into Rebuilding Mode. Fortunately, it was a damn good day. I played in two tournaments. I airballed the Harrah's 10am $45 one, but I did manage to cash in the Peppermill 6:30 $95 Cash Me Out. Unfortunately, it was only a $75 cash for a $20 loss. I usually stay at the Final Table when the tourney chips are converted to cash chips. However, I had a terrible seat draw at this Final Table, so I decided to cash out with the small loss.

The cash games I played on Sunday went much better for me. I won $182 in 2.5 hours playing $1/$2 at Harrah's after the tourney. I then went to the Peppermill to play my first $15/$30 Limit game in a few months, and won $502 in 2.5 hours before their tournament. Hopefully, this was a sign that I'm pulling out of the nosedive that I've been in over the last few weeks.

- And speaking of running bad, we come to sports betting. I don't do it much, because I kind of suck at it. I also know almost nothing about betting baseball. So instead of making the occasional bet during the season, I decided to make one larger season-long bet.

Being from Cleveland, it make sense to bet on them, since they're the team I'm most familiar with. Everyone, including me, expected them to be a minor league team this year. So I was comparing Over/Under for season win totals, and the best I found was 71 wins for Even Money. I bet $200 on the Under.

As of this morning, May 2, they are 19-8 (.704), and have the best record in baseball. They are over 25% of the way to 71 wins, and are just one month in the season. In order for me to win, they need to go 51-84 (.378) for the rest of the season, which means I need to hit a Gutshot on the River.

This whole thing has created a conflict for me. As a fan, I'm happy that things have come together and they are winning. But as a gambler, I'm yelling, "STOP IT!"

So thanks to me, the Tribe will probably win 90 games this year, and make the playoffs. I'm considering making a $500 bet against the Browns, so maybe they'll make it to the Super Bowl.

No comments: