Followers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Working The Bugs Out

6:05 - Opening Day for the Peppermill's New Poker Room. The room is busy, with 8 / 13 tables running. Things seem to be really chaotic, as I'm sure they have a few bugs to work out and people get used to the new stuff. For example, the new Bravo system has a new kiosk at the entrance of the poker room that players can put themselves on Lists by just swiping their player's card. I put my name on the $6/$12 List (Interest only) and $1/$2 NL List which I'm the first name.

6:25 - I'm still the only name on the $1/$2 List. I'm tired of waiting and decide to sign up for the 6:30 tournament. As I'm heading to the tournament room in the back of the poker room, I walk by the $1/$2 tables to see if they have any open seats. One of the tables has two of them. So I grab one, and buy-in for $220.

7:00 $202 - I ended up playing one orbit at the table before it broke due to players heading to the evening tournament. Eventually, I got a seat at the last remaining $1/$2 game. There are a few regulars at the table, and nobody has over $300.

As far as the cards, I called a couple of bets, but nothing of interest. The 6:30 tournament has 50 players.

7:30 $71 - I'm the BB, and I call the $12 raise with ATc. I flopped a Flush Draw [6c 4s 3c], bet $25, and the original raiser called. Turn [6c 4s 3c] 7d. I bet $40, and he called. River [6c 4s 3c 7d] Js. I bet $50, and he quickly called with AA.

8:00 $308 - I raised to $7 with 65h in the Cutoff. Four players saw a Flop of 9s 8d 4c. The SB lead out for $12. A Mid player called, and so did I with a Gutshot. Turn [9s 8d 4c] 2s. SB bet $20, and Mid called. I go All-In for $24 more with my Double Gutshot (7 or 3). They both call. River [9s 8d 4c 2s] Qc. The SB wins with 98 for Two Pair. I reload for $320.

8:30 $571 - The table has been slowly losing players, but nobody is replacing them, even though the List shows six players. We've been telling the Floor about this, but not much has happened. I even walked up to the desk to tell them, "The $1/$2 game is down to four players, and is in danger of breaking." Eventually, I discover the speaker system isn't working, so they can't call anybody to the tables. We are currently five handed.

I want to complain about my cards because they've been dreadful all night. But I did double up in a limp pot with TT. The Board was Td 8s 5d 2c when the money got All-In, and the BB had T5o.

9:00 $552 - We are now eight handed, as tournament players are busting out. One of them is a tournament regular who very much on the LAG side. So far, he's been playing that way here. The Action has been good.

In a limp pot, I'm the BB with T4h. Four players see a Flop of 9 8 7. I bet $5 with the Straight Draw. Two players call. Turn [9 8 7] 6. I bet $10, and the UTG called. River [987 6] 3. I bet $15, and he raised to $40. I called, and he had JT for da Nuts.

Bunch of limpers. The SB raised to $12. I'm the BB and call with 64o. I have position on the player who raised, and this should encourage others to call, which gives me implied pot odds. Five players saw the Flop of 8d 6s 4d. SB bet $15. If I slowplay my Two Pair in this spot, it would be suicidal with three more players to act. I raise to $40, and everyone folded.

9:30 $499 - My cards have been sad all night. The only hand I raised preflop was 65h in the Cutoff ($7). The Flop was Qh Qd 7d. I C-Bet $20, got called, and gave up.

The Action at this table is damn impressive for a Reno $1/$2 game, and I have a great seat. All the Action Guys are on my Right, and the tight, solid players are on my Left. The problem is that I was planning on leaving at 10pm.

I would have won a huge pot with 76o in the BB if I had called the $12 raise from the Cutoff. The Board was  77A K 6. The SB kept betting, and the Cutoff just called him down with 72o.

10:00 $527 - I won two small pots, but I never had the opportunity to get in on the Action. There was a ridiculous pot involving a Shortstack with QQ against AJo and JTh All-In preflop. The QQ held up for the smaller side pot ($225-ish), but a Ten on the River gave JTh the much larger side pot ($550-ish).

I wouldn't mind staying to try and hit something, but I'm getting tired. I cash out -$13 for the session, but I did win $10 with some freeplay while I was waiting for a table.

The room still has six tables running, including a $3/$5 and $20/$40. Overall, the new room is a vast improvement over the old neon-filled one. But they have some bugs to work out, and get some systems figured out. Tomorrow (Friday) is gonna be a rough one, but they should get things smoothed out by Monday.

No comments: