Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hand Of The Day #78

Peppermill ~ $4/$8 Omaha-8 ~ 07.04.11

I limp ($4) on the Button with Ks Js 3d 3c. Six players see a Flop of Ts 5d 3s. UTG+1 bet ($4), and a couple of players called. I raised ($8) with my Bottom Set and K-high Flush Draw. Plus, I want all of the Low Chasers to pay more, because they won't fold. Three players called, including UTG+1.

Turn [Ts 5d 3s] Qh. UTG+1 bets ($8), and comments that he's betting into me. A Mid player calls. I picked up an Open-Ender, so I raise ($16). They both call.

River [Ts 5d 3s Qh] 9c. They both check. I bet ($8), UTG+1 calls, and Mid folds. I show my Straight, and UTG+1 gets all pissy about how lucky I was because his Set of Tens didn't hold up in a Limit Omaha-8 game. The Dealer ships me the $130+ pot, and UTG+1 keeps on whining.

It's amazing just how cranky Omaha-8 players are. And yet, they still come back and play this game day after day. I hope that I never get that bitter about life.

No comments: