Followers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hand Of The Day #79

Peppermill ~ $4/$8 Omaha-8 ~ 07.21.11

It's a Kill Pot (now $6/$12). I'm in Mid position with As 2s 4d 6d. I start to say something like Raise, but I decide to just limp ($6). I normally don't raise with just Low cards unless there are a lot of players already in the pot. I'm probably only gonna win half the pot, so I might as well win a much bigger half pot. The lady on my Right notices this, and comments on me not raising. She's a Dealer in this room who just got off work, and she's the Kill in this pot. However, the Cutoff does raise ($12). UTG+1, the Lady, and myself call.

Four players see a Flop of Jh Td 2h. UTG+1 and the Lady checks. This is a terrible Flop for me, and I check my Bottom Pair. The Cutoff also checks. To me, this means he has the same type of hand that I have, all Low cards. If he had AAXX, then he probably would have bet.

Turn: [Jh Td 2h] Js. UTG+1 and the Lady check. I bet ($12) as a pure bluff. If UTG+1 and the Lady had a High hand, then they would have bet by now, and the Cutoff has already shown that he has Low cards. The Cutoff and the Lady folded, but UTG+1 called. I'm assuming that he has either a Flush or Straight draw.

River: [Jh Td 2h Js] 7c. Sweet! UTG+1 checks, I bet ($12), and he folds. I show the bluff.

I know I recently posted a similar hand to this one, but hands like this give me a chance to go into some hand analysis. Plus, it's really hard to bluff in Limit Omaha-8 because players are playing so many hands, and there are two pots for them to chase. So when I'm able to pull off a bluff, it's a great feeling and I want to brag about it.

Isn't that the point of having a Blog?

1 comment:

Ryan Rufe said...

LOL, yes... brag away.