Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Atlantis's Sunday Super Stack

"Shuffle Up & Deal" - The Atlantis has started running a monthly $230 tournament, and today is the first one. In order to promote this, they ended up giving away 10 seats. They were gonna run satellites during the week, but they didn't. So far they have three tables, but they're not full. Levels are 30 minutes long, and we start with 20k chips. My table has 7 out of 10 seats filled. I recognize one tourney regular, and one floorperson from this room.

End of Lv1 (25/50) - Even though they had three tables set up, only two of them have players. We are now eight handed. One player already busted (QQ v KK), and he re-entered. Personally, it's been a quiet level. I only raised one hand (AJs) to 125. Four callers Td 3s 2c. We all ck. Turn [Td 3s 2c]5s. I bet 325 with the Flush and Straight Draw. Two players call, and the River [Td 3s 2c 5s] 4d. The BB (an old guy) bet 700. I think for a bit. I doubt he's betting anything less than an Ace. I would just be calling to win half the pot, and there is someone else still to act. I fold, and the last guy raised to 2500. BB calls, and the last guy shows 65o, and BB mucks. I have 18525 chips.

Lv2 (50/100) - Still not much for me. I did win a few small pots, but I lost others. There is one guy at the table who is having a very good day. He playing half the hands, hitting most of them, and getting paid off. Nut Flushes, Broadways, Sets, etc. Oh, and he's sitting on my direct Left. I have 18125chips.

Lv 3 (100/200) - I'm UTG+2 with AA, and raise to 525. One caller is the guy who re-entered. He's on the loose side. The SB 3-Bet to 2650. He an Old Guy who's playing very basic. He's had a couple of big hands, and raised big with them. No reason to slowplay in this spot, and let the 3rd player in with pot odds. I 4-Bet to 5000. Loose guy mumbles and folds. SB just calls, and Flop is 543. He checks, I bet 6000, and he calls. Turn [543] J. I'm not thrilled with that card, as I put him squarely on QQ or JJ. He checks, I go All-In for 6600, and he calls with QQ.

In a different pot, there was a very wet Flop in a limped pot. Someone bet 400, and there was one caller. I raised to 1400, and they both called. The Turn put out more draws. I bet 2500, and one called. The River missed everything. I bet 2500 again, and she mucked.  I have 39100 chips.

Lv4 (150/300/25) - Only one hand of interest. I limped on the Button with J2s. Five player see a Flop 5s 4d 3s. The SB bet 300. A couple of callers, including me. Turn [5s 4d 3s] As. Perfect card for me. It checks around to me, and I tossed out a Yellow 1000 chip. Only the SB called. River [5s 4d 3s As] Kd. He checked, and I bet 1500. He thinks for a bit, and starts talking aloud about me flopping the Nuts. He finally folds, and I show the Js.  I have 37300 chips.

BREAK - 18 players total, and 14 are left. I'm in the Top 3 or 4 of chip stacks, but there's a long way to go. Our table has three big stacks, and the other has just one. They are paying three spots: $1800, $1080, $720.

Lv5 (200/400/50) - UTG raised to 1200. I'm next with AQc. I think about 3-Betting, but decide to just call. She has over 10k, and I don't want to call if she ships it on me. Four player see a Flop of Tc 9c 8s. UTG checks. I love this Flop, and bet 2500. Mid player calls. The loose guy from before goes All-In for his last 1950. UTG folds. Turn [Tc 9c 8s] 2s. I still have good equity against whatever the loose guy has, so I bet 5k hoping the Mid player will go away. Instead, he quickly called. River [Tc 9c 8s 2s] Jd. I bet 10k with my Straight and he quickly folded. The Loose Guy had K7c. We are down to six players at our table, and I have 49225 chips.

Lv8 (600/1200/150) - The reason for a skip in the Log is my phone wouldn't turn on. I kept trying to reset it, but to no avail. But at the end of this level, the display flashed back on, and I have no clue why. Ain't technology grand.

Anyways, I won a few more nice pots against the guy on my Left, including a Set of 4 against his TT. When we got to the Final Table in the 400/800/100 level I had over 77k chips, and was one of two chip leaders.

Unfortunately, I blinded off for the next 45 minutes. I mean that literally. I didn't win a pot, or really play a hand. I was obscenely card dead, and my seat draw isn't very good for stealing.  On my Left is a Tight Old Guy (TOG), the other Chip Leader, and a Cash Game player who always plays in the biggest NL game in the room. I've learned from previous experience that Cash Game players like to see Flops, so they are more likely to call preflop. We are on Break now, and have nine players left.  I have 68800 chips.

Lv9 (800/1600/200) - I actually played a hand. One limper, and I raised to 4000 with QQ. Everyone folded. Very next hand, I raise with KQo and take down the blinds and antes. The only other hand I played was it folding around to me in the SB. I raised the TOG, and he folded.

The play at this table has been very patient. Nobody is under 20k, so everyone is just waiting. My seat still sucks for stealing. However, the good news is I am the clear chip leader. There has been some chip movement, and the next closest player is around 50k. I just need to stay patient, and use my experience.  I have 77800 chips.

Lv10 (1k/2k/300) - I raise to 5100 with 44 in Mid position. The TOG calls, as he had just gotten a hold of a bunch of chips. The BB goes All-In for over 30k. He's the Cash Game player, and this really looks like a Squeeze Play. It's tempting to call with just 44, but it's a good chunk of chips, and the TOG still needs to act. I reluctantly fold, and the TOG calls with AKo. The BB has AJh, and I would really like my pocket pair back. The Board runs out 822 7 7, and they chop up my 5100. If I would have called, then I would have knocked out two players, and had almost half of the chips in play. Oh, well. Right Fold... Wrong Time.

Two hands later, UTG raised to 6500. I'm next, and look down at AKo. I grab some Butterscotch 5k chips and raise to 25000. It folds around to the Button, who goes All-In. It's the Lady at the table, and she's the one who's second in chips with about 55k. UTG thinks for a while, and goes All-In for almost 20k. With the size of the pot, I gotta call the extra 30k. She has JJ, and UTG has TT. I'm very happy with this, as it looks like the situation that just happened. However, the J on the Flop give the monster pot to the Lady, and I loose 2/3rds of my chips. Once again, Right Call... Wrong Time.

I blind out for a little bit, but eventually it folds to me on the Button. I ship All-In for around 24k with Q9o. The BB calls with AJo. The Flop was JTX, but I miss my 11 outer. I finish in 6th place.

I really hate Tournament Poker these days.

1 comment:

Ryan Rufe said...

You played a good tournament. Keep at it and this monthly $230 will be profitable for you in the future.