Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bringing My C+ Game To The Table

1:40 - Sunday afternoon, I walk into the Eldorado Poker Room. They have a $1/$2 table and a $1-$5 Stud table running. I put my name on the $1/$2 List, and I'm the 5th name. Maybe they will be opening a new table soon.

2:00 - They are opening up a $3/$6 game. I would sit in the game while waiting, but I'm now first on the $1/$2 List.

2:30 - After starting to get impatient, two different players leave the $1/$2 table. I get my $300 in chips, and sit down on the left of the biggest stack at the table (about $400). I'm the youngest player at the table, which isn't unusual for a Sunday afternoon.

3:00 $250 - I definitely sat next to the right guy, as he seems to be the Action Guy of the table. First orbit, he's UTG+1 and raised to $18. I'm next with QJd and call. Four players saw a Flop of Ah Jh 6c. Action Guy (AG) bet $20. That seems small to me, so I called, and am the only one. Turn [Ah Jh 6c] 4d. He bet $30, and I called. River [Ah Jh 6c 4d] 8c. He bet $40. Hard to see someone not having an Ace after betting all three streets, so I fold. He doesn't show, but says he had AK. Maybe he's just a small bettor.

An orbit later, he limps in the same position. I have Jh Jd, and raise to $8. Only SB and AG called. Flop 6c 5d 4c. Yuck! SB checked. AG bet $12. I think about just calling for Pot Control, but I see the SB already has $12 in hand. So I raised to $30 in order to isolate. It worked as the SB folded, and AG called. Turn [6c 5d 4c] 9h. AG checked, and I decided to bet $30 again. He thought for a moment, and called. River [6c 5d 4c 9h] Jc. Interesting card. He checked. I think for a moment, and bet $30 again. Before I put chips in pot, he mucks and says he has T7o for an Open-Ender.

3:30 $206 - Bad news as AG left the table, and started his three hour drive home. I didn't get to play anymore hands with him. I did play a few small pots, but most of them didn't go well. The best was chopping a pot with a one-card Straight.

4:00 $286 - I am playing terrible poker right now. I checked my option in the BB with AQh. Six players saw a Flop of Ad 6s 4s. I lead out for $11. Only Mid called, and he's a Dealer in the room who's here in case they need an extra Dealer. Turn [Ad 6s 4s] 9s. I checked, he bet $20, and I decided to call. River [Ad 6s 4s 9s] 5d. I checked. He counted out some chips, put some back, counted out some more, and bet $56. After watching his little chip show, I think for a bit. I'm pretty sure he has As, but does he have another one to go with it?  I called, and of course he has A3s. I reload for $200, and hopefully I can take my head out of my ass.

4:30 $230 - Things are going rather crappy. I don't know if it's from playing bad, or just running bad by constantly missing the Flop. I'm also in a grumpy mood right now, which isn't helping. For example, I raised to $7 on Button with J9o. The BB & CO called. Flop was Q22. They checked. I bet $15. SB folded, but the Cutoff checked-raised to $35. He an Old Guy who is wearing headphones, so I quickly fold.

5:00 $270 - I finally won a decent pot. I bluffed $50 on the River when the other guy showed weakness. My cards have been lousy, and I've been airballing all Flops. I haven't seen a Pocket Pair since the JJ in the first half hour.

5:30 $526 - I finally got a pocket pair. UTG+1 raised to $6. A couple of callers. I'm the Cutoff with Jh Jd (again), and 3-Bet to $15. A couple of callers. The Hyjack, who bought in for the minimum, went All-In for $24. It's $9 more to me, which is what I raised it. That allowed me to raise it up to $70, and try to isolate with all that dead money. Only the Button called the extra $55, and has around $80 left. Before the Flop was dealt, I grabbed a Red stack to put the Button All-In, and he called. I show my JJ. The Board ran out 882 2 J. Button had AK, and I don't know what the Hyjack had.

This hand flipped the Boom Switch for me, as I won a few more smaller pot. My mood has gotten a little better, but I now have a small headache.

6:00 $497 - Well so much for the Boom Switch. I played a few hands. Some were good, and some were annoying, but none were newsworthy. There is an Older Gentleman who recently bought in for $100. He is horrible, and has already rebought twice. He plays every hand, bets or raises at odd times, and doesn't understand relative hand values. He lost his first buy-in by shoving on a J-high Flop with JTo, and ran into AA. Fortunately, I have position on him, as he is on my Right+1.

6:30 $397 - A few limpers. I raised $10 with KQc from the Hyjack. Most of the table called, as six players see a Flop of Jd Td 4c. It checked to me, and I bet $40 with an Open-Ender, two Overs, and a Backdoor Club draw. Two players called, but the Old Goofball check-raised to $140. I insta-called. He probably had a Two Pair or Better hand, but it's hard to say with him. With all the money in the pot, I'm hoping my snap-call will scare them off. I was wrong, as a Lady who just sat down went All-In for less. I assume she has a Flush Draw. Turn [Jd Td 4c] 3s. Goofball went All-In for his last $20, and I called. Rvr 3c, and he won a big pot with JTs. Oh, well. At least he has a pile of money to lose now.

I did get some money back later by hitting a BBS by flopping Top Two Pair (T8o).

7:00 $545 - A few limpers as I had Kh Kc in the BB, and raised $10 on top. Fortunately, only the Button and SB called. Flop Qs Tc 9s. SB checked, and I bet $25. The Button folded, and SB called. Turn [Qs Tc 9s] Ks. Interesting card as many draws just hit, including my Set Draw. SB bet $20. I called knowing I was behind. River [Qs Tc 9s Ks] Kd. So much for being behind. SB bet $40. I grabbed a Red stack and raise to $100. The SB can't fold fast enough. I showed my cards to collect the pot along with a $50 Quads bonus.

I had a some other good hands, including a well executed Float on the Button with 85o. Bad news as the Goofball left the table with profit from our big pot. Good news as an Action Junkie Crazy Asian kid (or Crasian) just sat down. He already straddled, raised to $35, and showed J7o without looking at his cards. He will definitely juice up this table. However, my headache isn't getting any better, and I'm getting hungry. I decide to cash out with a small $45 profit.

1 comment:

Good Ole DP said...

Why on earth aren't you playing $1-5 stud? Play your edges!