Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hand Of The Day #90

$4/$8 Omaha-8 ~ Peppermill ~ 02.09.12

I recently sat down after I busted out of the $45 donkament. I've only played one big pot, and I lost with my Set when someone hit the Wheel on the River.

There were a couple of limpers. I was in Mid with Ac Ks 5c 2s. I raised ($8), and a bunch of players called. Five or six players saw a Flop of Qc Js 4c. Pretty good Flop for my hand, as I have the Nut Flush Draw, a Broadway Draw, and some backdoor draws. It checked to me, and I bet ($4). One player called, and the next player went All-In for $6. A couple more players called. Since I have so many great draws, I decided to 3-Bet to $10. Naturally, the other three players called.

Turn [Qc Js 4c] 3d. Another great card for me, as I now have a Wheel wrap. If the River is a 6, 5, 2, or A, then I have a Straight. This also gives me the Nut Low Draw, in addition to all the draws from the Flop. It checked to me, and I bet ($8). All three remaining players called.

River [Qc Js 4c] Jd. Wonderful. There was around ten cards that couldn't help me, and that was one of them. It checked to me, and I bet ($8). Yes, I know I have just AK high, but all the draws missed. I'm really hoping that everyone folds, as I have seen it happen before.

But not this time. as one of the three players called. I turned over my hand, and said, "I missed this nuclear draw, and I have Ace high." The player said he just had a Queen. I didn't see his whole hand, as I really didn't care. The All-In player (remember him?) showed J3 for Full House. Once again, I really didn't care what his other cards were.

The very next hand was a Kill Pot ($6/$12). as the Main Pot that the J3 guy won was big enough because I raised preflop. In this hand, I look at Ah Ac 8c 6s. I considered raising, as I like being aggressive in Kill Pots. But I'm getting low on chips, since I lost a lot of chips in the previous hand. Plus, I don't have much Low potential with A86. So I just limp in ($6), as well as a few other players.

Four or five players saw a Flop of Ad Td 7c. Once again, pretty good Flop for me with Top Set and a Gutshot. But I'm not thrilled with the Flush and Low Draws out there. It checked to me, and I bet ($6). Three players called.

Turn [Ad Td 7c] Tc. Good card for me, as I don't have to worry about the Flush or Straight Draws, plus it puts another Flush Draw out there for someone to chase. It checked to me again, and I bet ($12). One player folded, but another raised ($24). (He's the guy who called me with just a Queen in the previous hand.) The other players folded. I only have $11 left, so I called and said, "If you have Quads, then nice hand." He did, as he showed QTT6.

The River was [Ad Td 7c Tc] Qh, and I walked away from the table 24 minutes after I sat down, and that's a new personal record for dusting off a $100 buy-in. My old record was 45 minutes.

Yes, this is a bad beat story. It's my blog, and I'll vent when I want to.

No comments: