Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hand Of The Day #98

$1/$2 NLHE ~ Peppermill ~ 08.21.12

Couple of limpers in this typical afternoon game. The Hijack raises to $4. I'm the Button, and 3-bet to $15 with 6s 6h. I don't 3-bet as much as I should, and this seems like a good spot to isolate against the Hijack. Only one of the limpers and the Hijack call.

The three of us see the Flop Jc 8d 6d. The Hijack leads out for $15. I raise to $35, as there are too many draws out there to slowplay. Plus, if the Hijack bets after I re-raised him, he probably has something. The limper folds, but the Hijack calls.

Turn [Jc 8d 6d] Ks. Hijack checks, and I bet $50. He tanks, and starts talking out loud. He wonders if I'm trying to bully him off the pot. The newest episode of the WSOP was on ESPN, so I just watched the big screen while shuffling chips, trying to not give away anything. After what seemed like forever, (probably at least two minutes), he slammed a stack of ten Red $5 chips on the table as a call.

River [Jc 8d 6d Ks] Qd. He quickly pushes his $134 stack into the middle of the table. I sit up in my chair and thank the Dealer for putting a Joker out there, as the Qd hit every possible draw.

So now it's my turn to think. I doubt he hit the Flush, as most players wouldn't have taken so long to call on the Turn with a draw. Broadway is doubtful, as I can't see him betting on the Flop with AT, and then calling the raise. T9 for the smaller Straight is also doubtful, as he wouldn't have taken so long to call with a Draw on the Turn. The only reason to take so long is if he had just One Pair.

The one hand that I am concerned about is QQ, as it fits his line of action. He could have raised preflop, and called my 3-bet. He could have lead out on the Flop with an Overpair, and then been scared of the King on the Turn. Then when he hit his Set on the River, shoving All-In sort of make sense.

But that's the only hand that I can't beat. He could also have Two Pair, like QJ, or he could just be shoving on a scare card.

Eventually, I call because I'm only beaten by a 2-outer. He sinks in his chair, says "Good call," shows Qh Jd for Two Pair, and quickly leaves the table.

I actually hate his shove on the River. If I was semi-bluffing with a draw, then it got there. If I was trying to bully him out of the pot, then why not check and let me keep bullying. I was gonna bet $100 on the River, so he could have gotten that money if I was bluffing.

Plus, if I had AK or AA, would I have called the All-In? Since it took me so long to call with Bottom Set, I doubt I would have called with just One Pair, as the only thing I could realistically beat would be a bluff.

No comments: