Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Off to the Races

At Dave's last night, we started with seven players, and ended up with 27 players. I made my 6th Final Table in the last 8 weeks. This time I took it down for $320.

I would love to say that it was my experience, and mad skills that propelled me to victory. But the main reason I won was dumb luck. I went 6/6 in Coin Flips, and four of those were at the Final Table.

I played my normal, patient game. I wasn't even stealing blinds. There are a few players in our group that I don't even try to steal their blinds. They will defend just because it's me. One of them was at my table, just a few seats to my left, for most of the second half of the tournament. So I just sat there and waited for the few hands that I got during the night.

When we got to the Final Table, it was stacked with talent. Sometimes, the Final Table has some new players who are just catching cards. But all five players who cashed this week have been in the CPMG for a while, and the play showed. Since I had a chip stack due to a few coin flips, I did start to step on the gas a little, and steal a few blinds.

Heads-up was against Pyxis. I started with a 4-1 chip lead. We played for a full level. There were a few hands where some chips got moving. Finally, I'm in the SB with K5. I put her All-In. She called with A6. I flopped Two Pair, and my lucky night came to a happy ending.

No comments: