Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Friday Night at Motor City

9:00 $500 - After waiting almost two hours and being at the top of the List, they decide to open up a 3rd $2/$5 table. It's a Must Move table that goes to the 2nd table, and then you get a Must Move to the 1st table. We started with seven players.

9:30 $554 - Since I was at the top of the List, I played only three hands before moving to Table 2. Raised to $20 with KQc, and won with a C-Bet on the Flop.

10:00 $591 - Raised to $25 with QQ in SB, and got four callers. The Flop was 5-high. I bet four Green chips, and everyone quickly folded.

10:30 $454 - Raised to $15 with Qs Qd. Five players saw a Flop of Th 5h 2c. I bet $50, and only UTG calls. He an older gentleman who seems to be very tight & passive. Turn [Th 5h 2c] Qh. Interesting card that give me a Set, but completes the Flush. He checks. I decide to bet $50 to see where I'm at. He calls. River [Th 5h 2c Qh] Ac. He leads out for $150. I roll my eyes, think for a moment, and fold my cards face up. He shows AJh.

11:00 $631 - I call a $20 raise from the Tight & Passive guy. I'm the CutOff with 55. The Hyjack and Button also call. SB goes All-In for $155. T&P guy folds. Hyjack folds. I think for a minute, and decide to call. With the extra dead money in the pot, I'm willing to gamble for 30 Big Blinds. Button folds. SB shows AQd, and I win the Race.

11:30 $449 - Dealt Q5s in BB. Flop is 8c 5c 5h. I lead out for $15. Only a Mid player calls. Turn [8c 5c 5h] 2s. I bet $25. He goes All-In for $85. Naturally, I call. River [8c 5c 5h 2s] 8d. He shows 87d for a rivered Full House. That's the second time tonight he's done that to someone. It must be nice to have that ability. I also called a $25 raise with 76c in the Cutoff. The Flop was all Hearts.

12:00 $359 - I raised a few times and stabbed at a couple of pots. Most of them failed miserably. I'm really starting to get frustrated.

12:30 $334 - I limped with 44 in Mid position. SB goes All-In for $65. UTG+1 calls, and so do I. It gets checked down, and I miss. I did manage to win a small pot with 98o in the BB. I hit Two Pair on the River.

1:00 $185 - I raised in Mid with Ad Qc. Four players see a Flop of Q high with 2 Clubs. I bet $30 and got one caller. Turn Ac. I check. He bets $40, and I call with Two Pair and Q Flush Draw. River is a brick. I check and call a $60 bet. He shows T9c for a Flush. That's the 3rd Flush that I've seen hit against me, with another one or two that I think they hit.

I'm in a really bad state of mind. (OK, I'm borderline TILT). I'm debating whether to add on more chips, or just cut my losses and call it a night.

1:30 $269 - I didn't add on any chips, and got moved to the Main table. Most of the players I was with at Table #2 are here.

I won a decent pot with A9s. I bet $15 on a Q97 Flop, and got at least four callers. The Q paired on the Turn, and I quit betting. But so did everyone else, and I won the pot. I missed some value on this hand. I was the last to act in the hand, and I should have realized that if it gets checked around on the Turn and River, then nobody has a Q or is slowplaying something big. A $50 stab would have gotten at least one caller with a 9 in their hand.

Also, I raised to $15 UTG with AQ, and won it on the A-high Flop.

1:40 $0 - I raised in Mid with AK. Five players saw a Flop of Kh 5h 2d. I bet $35. The "Tight & Passive" dude from earlier check-raised to $100 from the BB. I roll my eyes, say "Fuck it" to myself, and go All-In. He calls, and says I'm ahead. I show my AK, and he shows 34h for the big Combo Draw. Turn is a brick, but the River is the Qh. (Yes, the same Qh that was in our previous hand.) I say, "Nice Hand, Sir," and head up back to my room to call it a night.

This was just another wonderful example of my inability to beat a $2/$5 table.

No comments: