Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lost Weekend

I made a rare Friday night appearance at a local home game. It was a player who is starting up a cash game, and lives about 10 minutes from my home. It's a $1/$2 NLHE ($200 max).

I lost my first buy-in in the first orbit. Someone, who's favorite hand is the mighty 2-4, raised UTG with it. One player called. I 3-bet to $40 with AK in Mid position. Only the 2-4 called, and she hit trip 2's on the Turn.

So I reloaded, and slowly started to build up my stack when I lost most of it to a cooler. I hit the Nut Straight against a Set on the Turn, and the board paired on the River. Most of the money went in on the Turn.

This left me with about $50, so I brought out my last $100. I basically just sat there for an hour as I went really card dead. I tried to play the occasional hand, but nothing worked out. Finally, I get my stack of $65 All-In preflop with 99 against one player (El Diabl0) with AJ. The 2-4 player, who had dusted off the money she won from me, also jumped in with a shorter stack. The Flop was J high, and got sent home a little earlier than I was planning.

On Saturday night, we had 35 players for our tournament. I was hoping that things would go better for me than the night before, but it didn't.

In the first orbit that I played, I limped with 97c on the Button. Flop was 9d 9h 3h. I bet 125, and only the BB (Neighbor Mike) called. Turn was the 3rd heart, but I still bet 225, and the BB called. River was the 4th heart, but the board didn't pair, so I just checked and showed my Trips. The BB turns over 2d 2h, and scoops the pot.

Things kept going swimmingly, and I ended up finishing in 27th place.

Since I busted out early, I actually played Cash, $1/$1 NLHE. I bought in for $100. I tried to play patiently, but I kept getting into hands with one of the Action Players who was having a good night. He kept getting there by the River, including a few Runner-Runners. Eventually, I got my short stack All-In with 55 against two players, but the little pair didn't hold up.

After dealing the Final Table, I rebought for another $100. I didn't get many cards for the first hour or so. Eventually, I raise to $5 with AKc. The SB, who had been the most aggressive preflop, 3-bet to $20. I insta-shipped my stack that was just under $70. He called with QQ. The board came out Tails, and I was busto for the night.

No comments: