Followers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Easy Like Sunday Morning

2:10 $300 - I walk into the MGM Detroit Poker Room just before they open up the 4th $1/$2 table. We start out seven handed. I'm the only player to buy in for the Max. Two players bought in for $200, and the rest were around $100.

2:30 $281 - We are now 9 handed, with one of the new players buying in for the Max. So far, this table is very passive. Only one player who seems like he might be a "Player", and he's two seats to my Left. I called a few small bets, but nothing worth noting.

3:00 $327 - I semi-bluffed with Flush Draw on Flop, and picked up the Open Ender on Turn. River was brick, but won it with the 3rd Bullet.
If you're into action and big pots, then this table is not for you. Since so few people are raising preflop, I started doing it. I raised to my standard $7 with QJo and JJ, but lost both.

3:30 $393 - We are 8 handed now. I raised a Straddle to $15 with 74o, and won it on the Flop. I also won pots with J9d and 87o

4:00 $450 - Straddle pot. I'm the SB with T9o. Six player go to the Flop. As the Dealer is gathering up the $4, and starts dealing the Flop, I say "C'mon Red 32". I get a few laughs from the players who got the Roulette reference. The Flop is Js 8d 7h. Since there are so many people in the pot, I check the Nut Straight and assume that someone will bet at it. Nobody does. Turn [Js 8d 7h] 7d. I lead out for $15. Just the BB called. River [Js 8d 7h 7d] 6s. I bet $25. BB calls with a 7. I show my hand, and say, "Hello Red 32."

This poker room doesn't have a drop for their rake. They keep it in the Dealer tray, on the Seat 10 side. After almost two hours. it's up to $191. That's between $90-$100 per hour, and we've had many pots that didn't even come close to the $6 max rake. Plus, that doesn't include the $1 per pot for the Bad Beat Jackpot. This is why people say it's very hard to beat $1/$2 over the long term.

4:30 $454 - For the first time today, our table is full. In a future Hand Of The Day (H.O.T.D.), I win the minimum with a Monster hand. I have this unique ability to not get paid off my Monster hands. Either nobody has anything, or the board gets scary to slow down the action, or I chose the wrong betting line for the cards they have.

5:00 $484 - I limped in Hyjack with K2h. Six players see the Flop Ah Qh 5h. It checks to me. I checked the last two Flops that I hit hard, and didn't win big pots. So this time, I lead out for $7 with the Nut Flush. I only get one caller, an Old Man in Mid position. Turn [Ah Qh 5h] 7c. He checks. I bet $15, and he called. River [Ah Qh 5h 7c] As. He checks. I bet $20, and he folds. Six players to the Flop, and nobody has an A or a smaller Flush.

Sigh!

5:30 $580 - I won over $100 in a future H.O.T.D.

6:00 $612 - We are back to 8 handed. No big hands for me. I stole a few small pots that nobody wanted. The Rake is up to $369.

6:30 $691 - I've become Action Guy at this table. For example: I limp in Hyjack with Q8d. Five players see the Flop As 8c 6h. I lead out for $7. The Cutoff min raises to $14. He's has only been here about an hour, but has been extremely tight, even whining about how bad his cards have been. It folds to me, and I call. Turn [As 8c 6h] 8s. I check my Trips. He quickly checks. This means that he just has Top Pair, probably something like AJ. River [As 8c 6h 8s] 3s. I bet $25, and hope it's small enough for this Nit to pay off. He thinks for a while, and finally makes the crying call. He doesn't show his Ace.

We are now 6 handed, and there are open seats at other tables. I was planning on playing until 8pm. If they break this table, I will end early, and book the win. I don't want to sit at a new table for just an hour.

7:00 $686 - I kinda took this half hour off. I got caught up in the table talk about Detroit Poker. We are now 8 handed.

7:30 $592 - We are now 7 handed. Very ugly half hour. I didn't lose any big pots, but the $15 and $20 bets or calls add up quickly. I got down to around $550, but made a small comeback.

The worst one was me raising UTG with KQd. Five players see the Flop Jc Td 4h. I lead out for $20 with Open Ender + Overcards, and three players call (both Blinds, and Cutoff). Turn [Jc Td 4h] 6h. It checks to me. There are too many players to just keep firing, so I check. The Cutoff also checks. River [Jc Td 4h 6h] Ah. I hit my Straight, but the backdoor Flush got there. That could be a factor with four players still in the pot. BB leads out for $25. He hasn't been here that long, but has seemed tight. I was gonna bet $25, so I just call. Cutoff thinks, and calls. SB folds. BB show KQh for Nut Flush and the same Straight as me. Yuck!

7:40 $586 - They broke the table. The Rake got emptied without me noticing it, but it was well over $500.

No comments: