Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hand Of The Day #43

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 06.26.10

First orbit of the session, Mid player raises to $11. I'm the 2nd caller on the Button with 5h 3s. Four players see the Flop of Ad 9c 3d. Mid bets $25. I call with Bottom Pair (and the Button). UTG also calls.

Turn: [Ad 9c 3d] 2d. UTG checks. Mid checks. Nobody seems to like the Flush card, so I bet $50. UTG folds. Mid calls.

River [Ad 9c 3d 2d] Kh. Mid checks. I'm fairly sure that my Pair of 3's is not good. So I make a Value Bluff of $60, since that's what I would bet with the Flush. Mid really goes into deep thought, and then he starts talking. "Do you have the Flush? I have a really good hand."

I've been just sitting there shuffling some chips. I decided to join in the conversation. "You hit the K for Two Pair?"

"No. I have a Set."

"Wow, that is a good hand," I say with a little smile while still shuffling some chips.

He keeps thinking, and asks a few other things. But I drop out of the conversation. I just give a small smile, and keep shuffling some chips. Eventually he folds, but doesn't show if he had 99 or AA.

Naturally, I show my 53o. I don't do it to be a dick, or rub it in. I do it to advertise to the table that I am capable of doing this, since this is just my first orbit. Hopefully it will get me paid off later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nice Hand and play!! get everything you can out of them eh..i got a blog of my own about my online poker exploits i was wondering if we could swap follows and get a get a link back for each. its good for both our exposure. eh? my link is www.jagger58.blogspot.com and my site is www.virgopoker.com