Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hand Of The Day #44

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 06.13.10

I raise to $7 in Mid position with Jc Js. Cutoff raises to $20. He's the Big Stack at the table, and seems to be the only "Player" at the table. All Fold. Since he's got me covered, and I'm out of position, I just call.

Flop Jh Tc 9d. I check my Top Set. He checks.

Turn [Jh Tc 9d] Ts. I decide to check my Boat. He fires $30. I decide to just call, and fire out big on the River.

River [Jh Tc 9d Ts] Kh. I quickly grab 3 Green chips and bet $75. He tanks for a while. He looks back at his had a few times. He finally folds AT (Trip Tens) face up. I muck my Full House in quiet disgust, and scoop my small pot.

This hand shows my unique ability to win the minimum with Monster hands. It doesn't necessarily mean that I played it wrong. I always seem to choose the wrong betting line for the cards my opponent has. I could have decided to lead out on the Turn, or even Check-Raise him. But he could have had other hands that would have folded, like AK or maybe AJ.

Certainly in this hand, Position was a factor. It's much easier to manipulate the pot size when you're last to act.

Also, the K on the River turned out to be a Scare Card for just Trips, since any Q will have him beat. Of course, if he had a different hand like AQ or QQ, then it would have been a great card for me.

No comments: