Followers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hand Of The Day #45

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 06.13.10

Mid player raises to $10. He's been doing a lot of raising, usually to just $4. I call in the Cutoff with 93c, since it's suited. I've got around $450, and he's got the same or maybe more. The SB also calls.

Flop Kh 9h 3s. SB checks. Mid bets $30. I see no reason to slowplay my Bottom Two Pair, so I raise to $80. SB folds. Mid thinks for a bit, and raises to $130, the absolute minimum raise. WTF? I decide to just call. If our stacks were smaller, then I would have no problem shipping it All-In. But I've still got over $300 behind, and that Min 3-Bet is really bizarre.

Turn [Kh 9h 3s] Ah. Worst card in the Deck, other than another K. Mid thinks for a bit, and checks. To me, this is a "Way Ahead or Way Behind" situation. I really can't put him on Hearts in this spot. But he certainly could have AK or AA. Plus, I don't want to get Check-Raised, so I just check.

River [Kh 9h 3s Ah] 6h. I wasn't worried about the 3rd Heart, but the 4th one really sucks. He thinks and checks. I say, "Two Pair", and it was good. I'm not really sure what he had, but the only hands that I could beat were KQ, or maybe QQ.

I know that I sometimes complain that I can't get paid off with my big hands. And maybe I should have re-raised after he made that Min 3-Bet. But how much more money would he have committed with KQ or QQ?

No comments: