Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

18 Days Later

Well, I've been in Reno for 18 days now.

However, most of my time has been working. I've been at work six days a week, starting at 7:30am, and leaving the Post Office between 5:30 - 7:00pm. That doesn't leave much time for other activities. So I'm only able to only play poker for 2 - 4 hours after work, at that's if I even feel like going out and getting off the couch.

I'm trying to have an actual Poker Bankroll, and not just a pile of Cash like I had in Cleveland. And that means that I need to have some Bankroll Management. "The Plan" is when my Bankroll is under $2k to just play $1/$2 NL (or $1/$3 NL). Between $2k and $3k, I'll mix in some Limit ($3/$6 or $4/$8) and Tournaments. Over $3k, I can mix in some occasional bigger games ($2/$5 NL or $15/$30 Limit), as well as some Pit action. Right now, my 'Roll is in the $1500 range, so I'm grinding away at $1/$2 NL.

And "grinding" is the key word. So far, this town is full of passive players and Super Nits. I'm not sure if it's always this way, or just because we're going into the "Off-Season" for tourists. I've been winning or losing a small amount each time. It seems like I've been the Action Guy at the table for about half of my sessions. I'm sure the players in my Home Game find that hard to believe.

My worst session was on Friday night at the Peppermill. The table was very tight passive, but my cards sucked. Every time I had any hand, everyone folded. But when I was stabbing at the Pot, I would get three callers. Plus, I was tired from work, and it wasn't helping my state of mind. I only lost $236 in 2.5 hours. But then, I went into the Pit, and tilted off $200 in a Video Poker machine. Time to climb back "On the Wagon" after falling off of it.

My best session was on Saturday, the following night, at Atlantis. There's that saying about "Finding the Sucker at the Table". Well, I found one, and I won $824 in four hours. That my second best session ever, behind my $876 session at Nautica back in July, and it was my best $1/$3 session.

The Blog hasn't been very active because the action hasn't been very interesting. There really have been very few hands that are worthy of "Hand Of The Day" status, and some of those were part of my Marathon session. Since I'm only playing 2-3 hours on most nights, I haven't bothered doing the Running Logs. I'm not playing in tournaments right now, due to my Bankroll Management plan. Plus, my long work hours are making me miss most of the "Shuffle Up & Deals".

No comments: