Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Great Exodus

The Countdown is almost over.

The cupboards are bare. The boxes are all packed (well, almost all packed). The reservations are made. And today is my last day of work in the State of Ohio.

Tomorrow morning around 10am, we will load up the U-Haul, hop on to I-80 right around the corner, and head West towards Reno. It will be a 3-man crew for this road trip. I was hoping for a fourth, but it just didn't materialize. So we'll be driving the U-Haul and my Prius, with the 3rd riding Shotgun in one of the vehicles.

The first stop on the Great Exodus will be at the Horseshoe Hammond, just outside of Chicago, which is about 304 miles away. For whatever strange reason, there is no hotel at this Horseshoe, so we'll be stay at a place four miles away, and right off the highway.

On Monday, October 4, we will get back on to I-80, fight Chicago traffic, and head 478 miles West to the Horseshoe Council Bluffs on the Iowa / Nebraska border.

Tuesday, October 5, we hit the road, and put on the miles. The next stop is Reno, but that's 1455 miles away. I figured we'd do 2/3 of that (941 miles), and stop at a hotel in Salt Lake City near the airport.

Hopefully, we'll be getting up bright and early on Wednesday, October 6, and drive the 516 miles to Reno. We should get there late in the afternoon, unload the U-haul, and head over to the Peppermill. They sent me an offer for Two Free Nights, so I booked it for my Road Crew. After we get them checked in, it's off to the Poker Room for a few hours before I got to sleep in my new bedroom.

I'm not sure how much Blogging will be done during the trip. I might have time to post an update or two along the way. I may also just do some Twitter-like updates with my cell phone. Either way, I do have a Rants & Raves scheduled for Tuesday.

No comments: