Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Hand Of The Day #63

01.06.11 - Atlantis $55 Tournament - Level 1 (25/50)

This is the 4th or 5th hand, and we started with 10k stacks. There are a bunch of limpers, including me on the Button with J3d. The BB, an old man who's already asked "What's the minimum bet?", raised to 150. Everyone called.

Five or six players see a Flop of Kd 8d 4c. The BB bet 100. The other players fold around to me. As I've mentioned before, when a player bets less on the Flop than they did preflop, that usually means WEAK. That doesn't mean he's bluffing with 72o, but he's probably got something like JJ and hates the K on the Flop. Since I have a Flush Draw just in case I'm wrong, I raise to 600. He thinks for a bit, and calls.

Turn [Kd 8d 4c] 2s - He checks. I toss out a 1k chip. He thinks for a while, and reluctantly folds.

Just to show my point about this Bet Sizing Tell, the very next orbit I folded on the Button, and the BB raised to 100. Naturally, everyone called. The Flop was As Jc 3s. He bet 500, and everyone folded.

When players are playing their hands this face up, it's not difficult to see why I'm cashing in half of these tournaments.

No comments: