Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hand Of The Day #64

$3/$5 NLHE - Peppermill - 01.22.11

UTG+1 raised to $15. A couple of player called, including me with 87h in the Cutoff. Five or six players saw a Flop of 9h 6s 5h. The BB bet $35. A Mid player raised to $185. He's a 60's gentleman who's a regular grinder in many of Reno's poker rooms.

It folds to me, and I think for a moment. To me, the raise of $150 means that he's got a big hand (Two Pair or better), and want to chase everyone away from a draw-heavy board. He's got a couple of stacks of Red chips, and a pile of $100 bills behind. Since I've got the Nut Straight and a Gutshot Straight Flush Draw, I'm willing to put my car keys on the table for this hand. I think he's also willing to go deep with his hand, so there's no reason to get cute in this spot. I put out a healthy raise up to $450.

It folds back to the BB, who get's this "WTF?" look on his face. He's ask, "Why so much?" Naturally, I don't answer. He thinks for a bit, and folds. The Mid player asks how much I have behind, and tell him around $550. It doesn't take him long to say, "All-In". I call, and I can't turn my hand over fast enough. He gets that stunned look on his face, and says, "That a damn good hand," as the Dealer deals the rest of the hand. The Turn was the 2h, and the River was a brick. He shakes his head, and mucks his hand without showing. The Dealer counts down my chipstack, and I have $1030 total. The Mid players puts 10 $100 bills and six Red chip into the pot, and the Dealer ships me the pot that's over $2100.

The Mid player never said another word about the hand or what he had, and I never asked him because it would be rude. Either he had the same Straight and I hit my redraw, or he flopped a Set but missed his Boat draw.

1 comment:

hiphop said...

Weeeeee...... You're biggest pot ever?