Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

February News & Notes

Last month, I did a News & Notes to update how things are going with me. I've decided to add this to the Blog as a monthly feature.

- If you've been paying attention to the various Blog entries, you've noticed that I've been on a quite a hot streak since the middle of December. Although, it's seems to cooling off a bit. I haven't cashed in my last four tournaments (brutal, I know).

I've said before, "The Skill in Poker is winning more when Luck is good, and losing less when Luck is bad." Well, lately have been winning a lot more, and the money is piling up. My bankroll is the largest it's ever been by a comfortable margin.

- The 7-Card Bingo Experience is essentially over. Not because I've mastered Limit Hold'em, nor because I've given up on it. With my current bankroll, I can sit down at any game in Reno. So I will just walk into the Poker Room, and play in a game with an open seat. Sometimes it will be a big game, and sometimes it will be smaller. Last night, I played $6/$12 Limit Hold'em at Atlantis (-$48, 4.0 hrs).

- I have cut way down on the number of days per week that I'm playing Poker. There is a very good reason for this, and her name is Anna. I met her at The Nugget while playing $3/$6 (+$160, in case you were wondering). We've been dating for about a month, and it's going well. We are heading out today to check out some of the "Big Game" parties that the various Poker Rooms are hosting.

- And speaking of the "Big Game", I've got all my bets placed. I've got $50 on Pittsburgh +120 and a $40 Parlay with Pittsburgh +120 & Under 45.5. I know that as a life-long Cleveland resident, it should be physically impossible for me to bet on the Steelers, but business is business.

I don't understand why Green Bay is the favorite. I know Rodgers has had a good playoff, but he's not up against Jay Cutler this week. Worthlessburger is as good as Rodgers, if not better. The Steelers are just a better, more balanced, and more experienced team. I feel they won the Super Bowl when the Patriots lost to the Jets.

As for my bets, the $50 bet will pay $60 profit, and the $40 parlay will pay $128 profit. So even if Pittsburgh wins, but the game goes Over, then I still win $20. Overall, I'm betting $90 to win $188. Which means that I'm getting 2-1 on my money in a game that many "experts" consider to be a coin flip. That sounds good to me.

1 comment:

diverjoules said...

WOW.. Anna! Good for you Greg. And she plays poker. ROCK ON!!!