Followers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hand Of The Day #66

$6/$12 Limit Hold'em - Atlantis - 02.05.11

A couple of limpers, including me in the Hyjack with JTh. The BB raised ($12). He's a regular Limit player around Reno, and one of the few Limit players that I respect. I call, along with two other players.

Flop: Kh Qh Jc. The BB bet ($6). It folds to me, and I raise ($12) with a Pair + Royal Flush Draw. Only the BB called. He then checked "In The Dark", which is something that he does regularly. Since I have such great equity in this pot, I bet ($12) "In The Dark".

Turn: [Kh Qh Jc] Ah. The BB raises ($24). Is there a better feeling in Poker than holding a Royal Flush (or Straight Flush or Quads), and having somebody say "Raise"? Since this is a Heads-Up pot, there is no reason to slow play. I 3-Bet ($36), and he calls.

River: [Kh Qh Jc Ah] 6s. He checks, and puts $12 over the Line to call. For those who don't play Limit, this is a common practice in spots where you're just gonna Check & Call when it's Heads-Up by the River. I say, "I bet, and I have a Royal". He shows As Qd for Two Pair. He said that he didn't notice the 3rd Heart when he raised on the Turn.

Had an A came on the River, that would have qualified for their $1000 Bad Beat Jackpot, with him getting $700 for losing, and me getting $300 for winning. It would have also made for some interesting betting on the River. I imagine it would have been 4 Bets at a minimum.

So instead, I had to settle for winning the $400 High Hand Bonus for my first ever Live Royal Flush. This is somewhat of a "Bad Beat" for me. Every room in Reno has a High Hand Bonus, and the $400 for the Royal is among the lowest. Grand Sierra has  progressive bonuses for all of there hands that is capped at $599. The Peppermill also has progressive bonuses that are capped at $2000 for a Royal.

No comments: