Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June News & Notes

- Next Sunday, I make the 460 mile drive down to Las Vegas. I'll be arriving in the early afternoon, and I'll be heading home sometime on the following Monday (June 20th). I'll be playing Cash games, daily tournaments, some larger tournaments, and maybe a WSOP event. I'll go into more detail as the day approaches.

- The Internet Kids won't understand this one, so just bear with me. Since there are so many Nits in this town, it's not uncommon for everyone to fold around to the Blinds in a Cash game. Both of the Blinds then have the option to Chop the Blinds, which means they pull back their Blinds and move on the the next hand. It's up to the individual player whether they do it or not. The proper etiquette is to always chop or never chop. It's rude to want to chop with 92o, and not want to chop with AKs. The one exception to this etiquette is with a Bonus hand that could hit a High Hand Bonus or a Bad Beat Jackpot.

My personal feelings on Chopping is that I'm not a big fan of it. I go to a Poker Room to play Poker, and not sit there for six hours waiting to hit a Bonus hand. But I have always chopped in the past, mostly to keep it peaceful with the old geezers who are trying to fund their retirement funds with the BBJ. However, since I've moved out here, I have stopped chopping when the table is shorthanded (five players or less). I figured that if we start chopping with only four players, then we might as well just go home.

About two weeks ago, I stopped chopping completely. So far, there hasn't been any problems with the old geezers, but there will be. And when it happens, I will give you all the details.

- I've noticed that bigger NL games are running more often in recent weeks, mostly at the Atlantis and the Peppermill on weekends. I'm not sure if this is normal because summertime brings more tourists to Reno, or if it's because of the events of Black Friday. It's mostly been $3/$5, but Atlantis has had some $5/$10.

There was also a private Big Game at the Peppermill this weekend. It runs about once a month, and it's been $25/$50 or $50/$100 NL with a $10k buy-in. I'm not sure what this game was, but there was a lot of bundles of $100 bills, just like on High Stakes Poker.

- I want to start playing in the bigger games, especially with the Vegas trip coming up. But last week was a very bad week for me. Three times I walked away from the Cash table with no money: -$400 Atlantis on Thursday, -$500 Harrah's on Friday, and -$400 Peppermill on Sunday. I have also not cashed in my last three daily tournaments for -$280.

Lately, I have been in a rut when it comes to my bankroll. I haven't been winning much, but I haven't been losing much either. Hopefully, this past week was just an anomaly, and not a sign of things to come. Even though I really don't want to, I am willing to pull some money out of my checking account to boost the bankroll. It's just sitting in the bank collecting dust, so I might as well take it out and invest it on the poker tables.

No comments: