Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

WSOP $1500 - "Shuffle Up & Deal"

I decided to take the plunge, and play in Event #28 at the Rio. I am here now, and I don't know if I'll be here next year. I will be working a ton of overtime this summer, so if losing the $1500 won't hurt too much.

My main goal is "Don't Screw Up". If Lady Luck wants to have some fun with me, then there isn't much I can do about it.

The first thing I need to look for is what type of players are at my table. The first kind will be just happy to be here. They're excited to play in there first big tournament. They will want to get through Day 1, and really hope their AA don't get cracked.

The other type to watch out for is the Pro or Kid who wants to Go Big or Go Home. They are only starting with 4500 chips, so their approach is "Let's Gamble". I'll probably have one or two of each at my table.

I'm seated at Table 117 Seat 3. Tables are 10-handed. Blinds start at 25/25, and the levels are one hour long.

I'm planning on doing one entry at each break, which I believe is every two hours.

Our table has six players, but nobody I recognize.

No comments: