Followers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Hand Of The Day #100

(Not only is this Hand Of The Day #100, it is also Blog Post #400)

Golden Nugget $240 HORSE ~ 06.11.12 ~ Level 13 (4k/8k) Razz

Bring-In is 1500. Next player completes (4k) with A showing. Lady calls with 2 showing. I have (53)A, and raise (8k). Original raiser 3-bets (12k) and has 5k behind. Lady thinks for a bit and calls. I just call, because I want to see the next card before I completely commit to this hand.

4th Street
Shorty: (XX) A A
Lady: (XX) 2 2
Me: (53) A K

Well, I'm ahead with K-Low, so I bet (4k). Both players call.

5th Street
Shorty: (XX) A A 8
Lady (XX) 2 2 2
Me: (53) A K J

I bet (8k). Shorty calls his last 1k chip. Lady goes in to deep thought, and makes the call with Trip-2 on her board. I can only imagine that she thought, "That pot is so huge, and he has a K and a J on his board."

6th Street
Shorty: (XX) A A 8 Q
Lady (XX) 2 2 2 K
Me: (53) A K J J

I am first to act, since I only have a pair of Jacks. (Remember, this is Razz.) I just check, because I have no clue what's going on at this point. Not surprisingly, Lady also check.

7th Street
Shorty: (XX) A A 8 Q (X)
Lady (XX) 2 2 2 K (X)
Me: (53) A K J J (7)

Once again, we both checked. My J753A was not only good for the Side Pot against Lady, but it also took the Main Pot against Shorty. I'm not sure what he had, but he obviously picked up a Pair or two, and ended up with a Q-Low.

So I won a three way pot for around 70k chips with a J7-Low. That's why we all love Razz.

Seriously, looking back at the hand, I actually missed a bet (8k) on 7th Street. Looking at Lady's board, the best possible hand she could have is K2XXX, or K432A. So the question is, would she call a bet with a K-Low, or even a Pair of 2?

Well, she did call with Trip-2, so...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog for the last 3 (?) years. Love it. Reading helps me spot opportunities and holes in my game. Keep it up!