Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hand Of The Day #99

In case you haven't been paying attention, we are coming up on #100 of the Hand Of The Day series. For this milestone, I've been looking for something special over the last few months, whether it's a huge money pot, or something truly bizarre that happened.

Unfortunately, there haven't been many hands to choose from. I've decided to present a hand from Las Vegas that I think is worthy of #100, so I'll use this post for my other option.

Right now, we jump into the Way-Back machine, and present two separate hands from a .25/.50NL home game that I use to play back in Ohio. These two hands are from a few years ago, so the details are a little fuzzy.

The first hand is proof that Live Poker is rigged. It was the 2nd hand of the night, and we had eight or nine players at the table. We had an AA vs AA vs QQ vs QQ vs JJ trainwreck extraordinaire.

I had QQ, and I had no problem getting my $20 buy-in All-In preflop. It's not because of the small buy-in, but because the two players who had AA were on the loose, aggressive side. The other player with QQ was also All-In. JJ was held by a tight lady, who correctly folded preflop because of the crazy action. And, as you have probably guessed by now, a Jack hit the Flop.

The second hand was on a night that I was completely card dead. It was so bad that I was BB, and checked my option without looking at my cards. After all, what are the chances that I would actually pick up a hand?

The Flop had a Pair on it, something like J 3 3. The SB bet out for around $2. He's a very tight, passive player, and I automatically put him on a 3. I finally look at my cards, and see AA. Wonderful! After I call myself a moron, and put $2 out there and will see what happens on the Turn. Another tight player (the JJ girl from the first hand) also called. The Turn was a brick. The SB bet something around $5. I quickly folded my Two Pair, and so did the girl.

And now for the best part of the hand... UTG was a loose, action guy named Barry. After the hand, Barry leaned over to me, and mentioned that he limped in with AK. He was hoping that somebody would raise, so he could backraise All-In preflop.

Sigh!

No comments: