Followers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hand of the Day #1

$1/$2 NLHE - Motor City - 10.28.09

I've got AA in the Cutoff, and make it my standard $7 preflop. Four players see a Flop of Kc Th 8h. It checks around to me, and I make it my standard $15. All fold except for the Hijack, an middle aged black lady, who check-raises to $30. She's one of the $101,000 Bad Beat chasers, and has been playing tight, passive poker. I'm 90% sure that I'm behind, but I still call.

Turn [Kc Th 8h] 9d. She bets only $15. I call.

River [Kc Th 8h 9d] 3c. She checks. OK, maybe I'm not behind. I value bet $20. She calls and show TT for a flopped set.

What the hell was I thinking? I knew I was behind from the moment she said Raise. So why didn't I just check the River, and be thankful for the free showdown. All I did was light a $20 bill on fire.

No comments: