Followers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Packed In Like Sardines

Saturday night, we had a record breaking 47 players at our home game in Lorain. This wasn't a special event like the previous record of 44 for the annual Chili Cook-Off and Deeper Stack Tournament. This was just a regular game that everyone decided to show up for.

Overall, everything went smooth. Crowds are up this season with the Player of the Year contest (POY), so we are better prepared for the larger crowds with more chips and an folding 5th table that we could use if needed. And an hour into the tournament, we needed the table. Everyone was cooperative, and all had a great time.

Being the TD and Ringleader of Dave's Poker Pit, I didn't get to play much poker. In the first hour+ of the tournament, I think I played one hand. Fortunately, I won it, so it helped my stack that was slowly being blinded off. I did manage to double up with QQ before the first break, so my stack was around 13k at the first break. Next level, I lost a race when my pocket pair lost to a flush draw & 2 overs on the Flop. That brought me down to 8k in the 300/600 level. After that, I went brutally card dead. I eventually ran out of chips, and got knocked out in 23rd place.

With the huge crowd, the Cash game was rockin'. We had two full tables of $1/$1 NLHE and a table of $2/$4 8-Game. That is the same as PokerStars' 8-Game with 2-7 Triple Draw, HORSE, PLO, and NLHE. The table was full with 6 or 7 players from the time it was opened up, until Host Dave kicked us out at 4:30am. Since I had to deal the Final Table, I only got to play around 1.5 hrs of 8-Game, and I was down $9.

Because I didn't play much poker, I don't have any Blog-worthy hands. So the premire "Hand of the Day" will be postponed for a few days. I do have a trip to Detroit planned this week (free room at Motor City), so hopefully I will have some hands to share.

No comments: