Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Never Go Gambling At The End Of A Bad Day

Today really sucked.

I had a terrible day at work. Our little group, the CPMG, also had some drama last night and today.

With tomorrow being an Off Day, I had a free room at Motor City booked tonight. Because of working late, and other stuff, I finally hit the road for Detroit way later than I wanted. By the time I got to Motor City, checked into my room, and got to the poker room, it was 9pm. And, of course, the poker room was packed. The Bad Beat Jackpot (BBJ) was $101,000 which is huge for Detroit, so 8 out of the 14 tables were $1/$2. I had to wait about 45 minutes to get a table.

I only sat at the table for about 1.25 hrs. I'm really tired and distracted, so I'm just not into playing poker. Plus I just wasn't getting a good feel for the table. So I ended up leaving down $74.

Since I wasn't in the mood to do much thinking, I figured I sit in the Pit, and grind out a bit of profit for the night. Well, that didn't go as planned. In about 45 minutes, I dropped around $450 at three different tables (Texas Hold'em Bonus, then 3-Card Poker, then Pia Gow). I was getting pummeled so badly at the first table, that I grabbed my remaining chips and went to a different table game. Of course, I continued to get thrashed by dealers who were catching more cards than Darvin Moon. How that is possible on three different tables with three different games, I'm not sure.

So, I hope tomorrow gets better, although it can't get much worse. I was planning on going to MGM for a $100 Blackjack tournament at 12noon. But with the oversized BBJ, I may just stay at Motor City, and take advantage of the Bad Beat chasers who are more interested in hitting the jackpot than winning at poker.

No comments: