Followers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hand of the Day #21

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 01/01/10

This hand take place about two hours after yesterday's Hand of the Day, and there is a connection between them.

UTG and UTG+1 fold. I've got AQs, and pop it to $7. Three players call. The BB, our favorite old Eastern European LAG-tard, raises to $25. I call, and so to two other players.

Flop: 9h 3c 2c - Old Man checks. I suddenly get that 'Deja Vu' feeling. I've seen this before, and I know that everyone else has too. So I bet $60, just like last time. The player two seat to my left thinks for a while. He's a tight, passive player who's been milking his shortstack the whole time I've been at this table. Does he have Top Pair, or maybe 77 or 88? I'm hoping that he folds, just like he's been doing all day long.

While he's thinking, I look at the other two players. The Hijack is an older gentleman, and he looks like he's waiting to fold. The last one is our favorite Old Man, and I'm fairly certain that he will fold his AK.

Finally, the player folds. The Hijack also folds. The Old Man thinks for a moment, give me a look over, turn his cards face up, and tosses AK into the muck.

So naturally, as the dealer is gathering the pot to ship to me, I turn over my AQ. The tight player said he had 88. Old Man is not amused, and said, "I almost called you. I knew you weren't that tight." Hopefully, he will pay off next time when I actually have it.

I really like my tight table image. I don't get any monster cashouts, and I rarely get a huge pot. But I do get to enjoy hands like this every now and then.

No comments: