Followers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Wednesday Night Cash Game

The host of my Saturday night game occasionally has a Wednesday night Cash game that goes from 7-11:30. It's the same structure as the Saturday night game, $1/$1 NL ($150 max).

Because I worked late, I didn't arrive until 7:30. I bought in for $100, and I cashed out at 10:30 for $320. I was definitely catching some cards, and didn't have much bad luck. Most time that I raised preflop, I had a favorable flop (AT on a T high Flop, KJ on a J high Flop, TT on a low Flop, etc.)

On two hands, I stacked off someone. First one, I limped in UTG with AQ, called a raise, and flopped two pair. I won about $60-$70 on that hand. The second one was a Set over Set. My QQ on the Button against 77 in the BB on a Q 7 x Flop. I won around $75 on that hand.

There was only two hands in which I lost any money. In the first hand, I made the second raise preflop with JJ to $15. The next player, our esteemed host, made the third raise to $45. It folded back around to me, and I made the easy fold. Any hand that he would raise to $45 with has my JJ crushed. He showed KK.

For the second hand, a Mid player raised to $3. He's an action player, so his range is rather wide. He had been raising preflop to $5-$8, so just $3 is odd. I called on the Button with A7o. A few players saw the Flop of 7c 6s 4c. Mid player bet out for $10. I was the only caller with Top Pair.

Turn: [7c 6s 4c] Kh - He checked. Even though that's an overcard that he might have hit, I don't want to give a free card, so I bet $15. He called.

River: [7c 6s 4c Kh] 2d - He led out for $25. I was not thrilled with this bet. It seemed like more of a Value bet, rather than an "I Missed, Go Away!" bet. I said outloud that I think he hit the K. I already had a nice stack, so made the crying call.

I was right. He had KK for a Set. Ooops! At least I got some valuable information for future hands.

No comments: