Followers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hand of the Day #24

$1/$2 NLHE - Mountaineer - 01.28.10

Straddle pot. I'm in the Hyjack with 98c and raise to $15. A few players call. A Mid position player (Googe, a player from our home games) back-raises to $50. He's got about $130 left. I think for a moment, and decide to call the extra $35, hoping that other will follow. Only the Straddle calls.

Flop: Ad Ah Td - Not the Flop I was hoping for. Straddle checks. Mid checks. I check.

Turn: [Ad Ah Td] 6c - Straddle checks. Mid checks. Well, since nobody seems interested in this pot, and I just picked up a gutshot, I bet $50. Straddle quickly folds. Mid thinks for a bit and calls.

River: [Ad Ah Td 6c] 2h - Mid checks. Since I have 9-high, I look at his stack, say All-In, and put out some green chips. He thinks for a moment, says "I don't believe you, Mailman", places his short stack of $78 over the betting line, and turns over his KK. I tell him his hand is good, and muck.

OK, I'll admit this wasn't the best hand I've ever played. Calling the $35 raise wasn't a good call, because he didn't have enough chips to give the proper Implied Odds. I also suck at pulling off a Big Bluff. If I had an Ace, I would have played it the same way. Maybe if I bet $75 on the Turn, instead of $50?

Probably not.

No comments: