Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nothing to See Here ... Just Move Along

We had 30 players on Saturday night. Due to the steady flow of late arrivals, I didn't get to buy-in until the end of the 1st level. The very first hand, I'm in the BB, and it's just me and SB. I end up winning almost 2k when I make two pair on the Turn with 83.

And that was the only highlight of my tourney. I really didn't have any cards to play. Before the break, I got into a 3-way All-In with two very shortstacks for about 1700. I had AT against KQ and Q7, but they both ended up with two pair. At the break, I had about 5500 chips. After the break, and I lose a coin flip for about 1600. That left me shortstacked. I finally shoved All-In for 2400 with KQ. The SB looked down at QQ, and I missed my 3-outer. I finished in 21st place.

After doing some TD stuff, I bought in to the Cash game so they could get the 8-Game table started. However, it took awhile to get everyone bought in, and drag some players away from the NL table. By the time we finally got started, I only had time to play one orbit of Triple Draw before I had to go deal the Final Table. I played one hand plus blinds, and lost $13.

The tournament ended on a double elimination, which is only the second time that it has happened. The Button, who was extremely short stacked, went All-In with QT. The SB went All-In to isolate with JT, and BB called as the chip leader with 44. The 44 held up.

After the tournament, I just went home. I was very tired, and making numerous small mistakes while dealing. It generally not a good idea to make numerous small mistakes while playing with real money.

2 comments:

Dale said...

Where do you play?

GregDude said...

We play in various homes around the Cleveland area. You can check out the CPMG website for more details. There's a link in my blog.