Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cash Game Update

On Monday, I got to the Hollywood a little early before the 3pm tourney. So I sat down at a $3/$6 Limit table. While I was playing, one of my fellow CPMGers, The Meats, also sat down. There are various players stopping by for a day or two while I'm down here.

Anyway, the session was just under two hours, but it went well. I was almost $100 at one point. The biggest pot was when I rivered a four card Nut Flush. But the last two orbits didn't go as well, and I left the table up $32.

After the tourney, I sat down at a $1/$3NL. I only played two hours. I was getting tired, and the table was rather tight. Although in one hand, I did Flop trips in the BB, Turn Quads, and got a young lady to pay off a $40 River value bet. Overall, I left the table down $20.

On Tuesday, I sat down at a $1/$3NL at noon. It was a fairly typical weekday afternoon table. A lot of older regular players who know each others names, along with the names of all the dealers and the cocktail waitress. There was only one Action Guy, and he was three seats to my Left. He was playing 80% of the pots, and was calling everything, including a few times with A-high on the River. Unfortunately, I doubled him up once. I raised with QT. The Flop came Jd Td 9c. I lead out for $25, and he raised to $60. He only had $89 behind, and his range was rather wide in this spot, so I put him All-In. He had AJ, and I whiffed.

About an hour after I sat down, another CPMGer, DougPoker, sat down at the table. He didn't have a good session, including running into a nasty cooler. On a Turn card of 883 7, his pocket 77 ran into Quad 88.

After about three hours, I had managed to climb back to -$50. I went to lunch with The Meats, who was still playing $3/$6 Limit. When I came back, only three original player were still there. Both DougPoker and ActionGuy were gone.

Thing started to go much better. I pulled off a nice semi-bluff in position that got a few players attention. Very next hand, I was dealt AK. I raised, and hit the Flop of KJ5. I got check-raised by the player next to me. He only had $115 total chips, so I put him All-In. He called with KT, and I stacked him.

At 5:30, I end up leaving the table up $363. I was getting tired because I didn't sleep well the night before. I decide to go back to my room and chill for the rest of the night.

As for the Pit games, I've been pretty good at not playing them so far. I've only played the Video Blackjack machines, which have a $5 minimum. I like them because they have the Surrender option, which is an advantage for the players. I just bet the minimum, and if I win, I will up my bet by $2 each time until I lose. So far, it's gone very well. I've played a few short session, and I'm up $135.

For the trip, I'm up $170 for two days, and that includes -$340 for the tournament. That's certainly not retirement money, but I'm pleased overall. Today will be more cash games, and tomorrow is another $340 tournament.

1 comment:

diverjoules said...

Good Luck Greg. I know you can win if you can just not get too unlucky.