Followers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Hours of Bordem Mixed with Moments of Sheer Frustration

11:50 $75 - After waiting at Mountaineer for 20 minutes, they finally opened up a new $1/$2 table. Since it's a Thursday morning, I buy-in for the table minimum of $75. Nobody at the table bought in for more than $200. Two others also have the minimum, and an old guy bought in for 60 white chips. I think he supposed to be at the $2/$4 table.

12:30 $53 - I'm really card dead. This table is typical for a weekday $1/$2 table. Very little preflop raising. Lots of limping and small pots. There was an AA vs KK pot that had under $50 by the end. There was a small raise preflop, and a small bet on the Flop. The Turn brought a Club Flush, and it got checked down, even though they both had a Club.

1:00 $55 - Won a small pot with Two Pair on the Button with Q9. I still haven't been dealt a pocket pair or QJ+.

1:30 $45 - This is pathetic. I've been playing a few "splash around" hands like 64o and T9o, along with limping with ATC on the Button and CutOff. But everything has been Airballs so far. I'm not even gonna try any bluffs. This table is a Value Bet table, and not a Bluff table. If I ever get any hands, I should get paid off.

2:00 $55 - I won a pot in the BB with Trip 5 on the River. There are still very few preflop raises, with most players trying to play "Bingo!" on the Flop and Turn. But so far, I have seen very few called bets on the River. Hopefully, I can take advantage of this later.

2:30 $254 - I doubled up with AA on the Button. On my next Button, I called a $7 raise with 76s. Five players saw a Flop of A 9 7. A different player leads out for $10. I just call, along with a few others. Turn is 6. He bets $15. I raise to $50. The preflop raiser asks how much I have left ($26), and he goes All-In. The $15 bettor folds, and I call. I hit a Full House on the River, and the preflop raiser mucks.

3:00 $276 - I do my standard preflop raise to $7 with AK, and won it on the Flop. I also raised twice with AQ. First one was a total Airball, so I folded. The second ended up as a chop when the board paired on the River.

3:30 $120 - Things went downhill quickly. I limped & called a raise with 76h. I flopped a Flush, so I led out for $15, and the preflop raiser called. The Turn was the 4th Heart, and we both checked. The River was a brick. I checked, and he bet. I folded face up, and he shows KQh.
Later, I flopped two pair with 54o in the BB, but the board was ugly (7d 5h 4d). I check raised from $10 to $30, and two players called. The Turn was a 3rd Diamond, so I checked and called a $20 bet. The River, which still has three players, was the 4th Diamond. I just checked and folded.

4:00 $71 - I tried my first bluff of the day, and it failed miserably (as usual). I raised in the CutOff with 76h. Three players saw a Flop of Kc Qs Jc. I bet $15, and an older Eastern European guy calls (UTG+1). He's one of the Action Guys at this table. Turn was [Kc Qs Jc] 6s. I bet $25, and he called. River [Kc Qs Jc 6s] 3c. Even with the Flush on the Board, I bet $40. Old Guy snap-called with K8s.

4:30 $175 - There are some new faces at the table. I'm planning on leaving at 6pm. I really don't feel like milking this stortstack, especially with some deeper stacks at the table. So I pull $125 out of my pocket when the Button came around to me.

5:00 $140 - Cards suck. I guess I'm now one of "Bingo!" players. I did some limping, and called a few raises. But everything was a big Whiff.

5:30 $92 - I raised with 43h in the Hyjack. Five players saw a Flop of 8 5 2. A player in Mid position bets $8. He's been doing this small donk betting, so I raise to $30 with the Open Ender. The CutOff was thinking, but the Button called out of turn. And then the CutOff called. The Donk bettor folded. The Turn was [8 5 2] 5. I checked. CutOff bet $30, and the Button called. My "Spidey Sense" was tingling, so I folded. As it turns out, they both flopped Sets (88 vs 22), and they got the money All-In on the River.
Later, I raised with KQ in Mid position, and got a couple of callers. I flopped Two Pair on a draw-heavy board [Kh Qc 2h]. I did my standard c-bet of $15, and everyone insta-folded. Out of frustration, I showed my hand and whined a little.

6:05 $97 - I won two small pots, and started climbing closer to the break even mark. I got it up to $140-ish. I limped in the CutOff with K8d. Flop was 6h 6d 2d. SB leads out for $6, and I'm the only caller. Turn [6h 6d 2d] 4s. He checked, I bet $15, and he called. River [6h 6d 2d 4s] Qc. He checked, and I decided to try another River bluff of $25. He thinks for a moment, and calls. I say, "King High". He turned over QTd. He missed his lower flush draw, and hit his 6-outer on the River.

Well, this hand was the Cherry on top of the Sundae that was my session. I finished the orbit, cashed out, and headed home.

I guess that only losing $103 on a day where the cards were so frustrating should be a Silver Lining, but I'm just not feeling it.

No comments: