Followers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hand of the Day #30

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 03.12.10

UTG+1 raises to $5. He has only been here about 30 minutes, and has done this a decent amount of times. I'm the SB, and call with 54o. Five players see the Flop of Js 8h 5c. I decide to lead out for $15, and just UTG+1 calls.

Turn: [Js 8h 5c] 4s. Since he was the preflop raiser, I check my Two Pair, hoping he'll stab at it. He graciously does for $30. I check-raise to $80. He thinks for a moment or two, and pushes All-In for $175. I'm not thrilled about this with just Bottom Two Pair, but I call.

River: [Js 8h 5c 4s] Qs. I show my hand, and he says, "Wow! Two Pair." He just sits their looking at my hand, and then the Board, and then his cards. Finally, the Dealer says, "Show your hand, or muck." He keeps looking back over everything, and turns over a 5. (WTF?)

As he goes to muck his cards, he exposes the other card, a 3. Yes, he figured I was just screwing around with a check-raise, and pushed with Bottom/Bottom. And then he's surprised that it didn't hold up.

Often when Player A wins a big pot because Player B screwed up, I will say to Player A after the hand, "Merry Christmas."

Well, Merry Christmas to Me for the extra $145 that this Donk gave me..

No comments: