Followers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Insert Title Here

I arrived at Greektown for their 11am tourney a bit early, so I sat down to kill a little time at a $1/$2 table. I was only there 30 minutes, and didn't play a hand.

There was 50 players for the $75 tournament. I would love to tell you how I skillfully navigated my way to a dominate victory. But the truth is that I raised preflop three times, and never won a hand. I was knocked out in Level 3 (100/200) when I went All-In shortstacked with AA, got called reluctantly by A9d. He flopped a 9, and then rivered another one. I finished somewhere around 35th place.

One of my poker buddies, Chan, came with me for this trip. He ended up cashing in 5th place for $210.

After busting out of the tournament, I sat down at a $1/$2 table. The two stacks to my right had about 20 black chips ($100) between them. This table was CRAZY. Preflop raises of $30-$40 were not uncommon. There was one pot that was 3-bet to $75, and six players saw the Flop. Four of them went All-In on the Flop. The total size of the pot was about $950.

Even though I had the best seat next to the LAG-tard, I was really card dead. So I just hung on for deal life, and tried to be patience. After four hours, I walked away from the table up $117. The LAG-tard, who had about $2k shortly after I sat down, had about $300 when I left. I'm sure he dusted that off quickly.

We then went over to MGM, ate dinner at the Buffet, and headed up to the Poker Room. I sat down at a $1/$2 table, and bought in for the max of $300. Overall, the table was "normal". Not super tight, but not crazy Friday night action either. I got off to a bad start, and ended up adding another $100 to my stack. Then the affects of the Buffet kicked in, and I started to get groggy, and just not mentally in the game.

About two hours after I sat down, I was still under $200, but I was starting to wake up. There was a key hand (a future HOTD) that could have wiped me out, but instead started my recovery. I was slowly climbing back toward break even, getting as close as -$30, when I took another small hit. I flopped Two Pair (A2), got a lady All-In on the Flop for around $70 with AJ, and a J on the Turn.

A bit later, things started to get much better. I finally broke into Profit when someone donked off $145 to me as a gift (another future HOTD). Later, I got into an AA vs KK hand with another short stack jumping in the middle. That was good for a little over $200 of profit.

I actually got it up over the +$500 mark when I took my first hit in awhile. One of the Action Players raised it up to $7 from the Hyjack. I'm the SB with AKc, and just called. UTG back-raised to $27. Action Guy called, and so did I. Flop Ad Kh 6h. I check my Two Pair. UTG bets $30. Action Guy called. I check-raise to $80. UTG shipped it for $99. Action Guy thinks for a long time, and folds. I call the $19. Not surprisingly, UTG turns over KK. I miss my 2-outer, and lose $126 on a cooler.

But I did get some of it back. Finally, a little after 1am, I left MGM up $445 after playing for over eight hours.

No comments: