Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hand Of The Day #38

$1/$2 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 5.10.10

I've been at this table for less than one orbit, but I've already won two pots.

Straddle pot, with a few limpers. The Hyjack raises to $15. I'm the Cutoff with Ah Qc, and raise to $40. The Button thinks for a moment, and calls. Everyone else folds, except an Old Man who's in Mid position. The Hyjack also folds.

Flop: 9c 9h 3h. The Mid player checks. This is not the Flop I wanted with two callers, but I gotta follow through. I grab 4 Green chips, and bet $100. The Button goes into deep thought. While the Button thinks, the Old Guy in Mid position walks away from the table, essentially folding his hand out of turn.

After almost a minute of thought, the Button goes to grab two stack of Reds, and looks over at me to get a read. But the Dealer is sitting between us, since I'm in the #10 seat, and he's in the #1 seat. I just sit there casual and relaxed. I've been playing poker too long for that silly trick to work on me.

After not seeing me quiver in fear, he thinks for another moment or two. He looks back at his cards. Then he grabs his cards like he's gonna muck them, but hesitates. Maybe he's still trying to get a reaction from me. He finally tosses his card face up towards the Dealer, Kh Kd. I figured he was on a big Pair, probably JJ or maybe QQ. But KK ... Wow!

The Dealer mucks his cards, and starts to gather the pot to ship my way. I turn my AQ face up, and put $1 on top for the Tip.

No comments: