Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Seeing Is Believing

11:25 $200 - After Greektown finally got their 11am tourney started at 11:20, they opened up a new $1/$2 table. The table make-up is a mix of young and old. I only recognize one player, an older gentleman two seats to my Right. He's a Super Nit.

12:00 $313 - Won a nice pot with KK (future H.O.T.D.) This table has been fairly normal for what you would expect to find at a Tuesday afternoon table.

12:30 $327 - Won a pot with Two Pair on the River. This table is relative calm compared to the table I've been at lately. Even the "Action Guys" are not that maniacal.

1:00 $326 - I raised to $7 with KQo in the Cutoff. Four player saw a Flop of A J 2. I make a C-Bet of $15. The Button insta-raised to $30. He's an older gentleman, but he's been playing rather loose. He's also a former Greektown Dealer, and has been chatting with all of the other Dealers. It folds back around to me, and I call with my Broadway draw.

Turn [A J 2] A. I check, and so does the Button. River [A J 2 A] 7. I check, and so does the Button. I say, "King High". The Button waits to see my hand. This really annoys me that some jerks in a Poker Room have to see everyone cards before showing his winning hand. Once again, I say, "I have King High". The Button says, "Seeing is believing." What a Dick! I don't have anything, and he just wants to see my cards. The Dealer says that I need to show my hand. So I show my KQ, and the Button mucks his cards. W T F ???

On a different hand, I made a $20 Hero Call on the River that I was wrong about.

1:30 $503 - I won a bunch of pots, including stacking off "Seeing is Believing" guy with AA and QQ.

I was planning on playing at least six hours, but I decided to "Hit & Run". As you loyal readers know, thing haven't been going well lately. So I really need to start booking some wins. Last night I won $347 in two hours at MGM, and I won $50 at Blackjack this morning at Motor City. With this $303, I'm leaving Detroit up exactly $700.

No comments: