Followers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

How Hard Is It To Hit A Set Of Aces?

10:50 $75 - I got to Mountaineer on Wednesday morning about 10:15, and had to wait for them to open up their 2nd table of $1/$2. We start with seven players. Most have bought in for around $100, and only one loaded up with the max of $300. So I decide to Short Stack, and buy-in for the minimum of $75, with more chips in my pocket. If this table ends up being a crazy action table, I can always pull out more chips.

11:30 $71 - I've only won a small pot with a 4-card Flush. The table has been what you would expect for a Wednesday morning. I've been kinda card dead. The only "real hand" that I've seen, QQ, ran into KK. I rebought for another $75.

12:00 $180 - I stabbed at one pot on the Turn, but lost. Later, a Short Stack went All-In for just $30. I look down at 88, and go All-In for $55. The Short Stack had TT. That left me with $25, and I pull out $100 out of my pocket. It's starting out to be one of those days.

Three hands later, I limp with 66, and the Flop came 6 3 3. I double up when someone hit their Nut Flush on the River. Later, I lost a small pot with AA. I hit my Set on the River, but lost to a River Flush.

12:30 $357 - I cracked AA with QJd in the BB. I Checked & Called on a Q 9 7 Flop. A Q came on the Turn, and he just couldn't let his Rockets go.

That was the last hand of the table. The Mensa people running the Poker Room decided to open up the 4th $1/$2 table 15 minutes before the Tournament started. Once all the Tourney players left the tables for the Tournament, they ended up closing our $1/$2 table. The next table has two other players from the first table, but there are still two open seats. The good news is that I'm the Big Stack of this table.

1:00 $441 - I played many pots. Some went well, and other were not so much. I had back to back Straight draws that whiffed. I also 3-bet with AA in the SB, and got two callers. The Flop was Ad Qd Jh. I hit another Set. I want to get paid with this one. But I can't risk a free Turn card to come and either give them a better hand or scare them off. I bet $60, which is half the pot. Both players think for a bit, and then fold. Oh well, at least I got the preflop money.

1:20 $507 -An Action player raised from UTG+2. It folded to me in the SB, and I look at AA for the 3rd time today. I decided to just call, and let him hang himself. The Flop was A 7 3 for my 3rd Set of Aces today. I ended up getting all of his chips for around $80.

Earlier in the afternoon, I got a phone call from my Uncle. He invited me to the Cleveland Indians game in the evening. One of his buddy has some sweet seats, and passes to the Terrace Club. So I decided to "Hit & Run" with my $257 profit, head back home to get a few things done before the ballgame.

No comments: