Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hand Of The Day #71

$3/$6 Limit Hold'em - Eldorado - 04.21.11

I raise UTG+1 ($5) with Kh Kc. Six players see a Flop of Qh 6s 4h. I bet ($3), and four players call.

Turn [Qh 6s 4h] 5c. It checks to me. I hate that card. There's now a 3-Card Straight out there, and that could give someone Two Pair. But I don't want to risk
a Free Card on that Board, so I bet ($6). All the players call, except the BB who check-raises ($12). My first instinct was that this screams of a Straight. But this guy is the biggest LAG at the table. It's possible that he has Two Pair. I make the call, and so does everyone else.

River [Qh 6s 4h 5c] 5d. BB bet ($6). I now have Two Pair, so I make the crying call. It folds to the Button, who raises ($12). The BB thinks for a moment, and calls. I now know my hand is shit, so I quickly fold. Button show 5h 5s for the Backdoor Quads. In disgust, the BB shows 3c 2d for the bottom end of the Straight.

Maybe I'm just being results oriented, but I played this hand horribly bad on the Turn & River. I already said that I hated the 5 on the Turn because there was still five players with live hands. I think the best thing for me to do since I was out of position (UTG+1) was to go into Check/Call mode. I could have seen what everyone else did, and then make my decisions with more information.

I lost 2-3 Big Bets because of how I played this hand, and that's a big mistake in Limit Poker. Granted, in $3/$6 Limit, 2-3 Big Bets isn't much money. But when I'm playing in the $15/$30 or $20/$40 game at the Peppemill, that's around $100.

No comments: