Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hand Of The Day #72

$3/$6 Limit Hold'em - Eldorado - 04.21.11

It's a limp pot, including me with 8c 7h on the Button. Seven players saw a Flop of Td 9c 6d. The SB bet ($3). Two players called. The Hyjack raised ($6). He's a 30's guy who the biggest LAG at the table. I see no reason to slow-play, so I put the 3rd Bet ($9) with the Nut Straight. The SB 4-Bet ($12). UTG and Hyjack called. I cap it with the 5th Bet ($15). Everyone called.

Turn [Td 9c 6d] Ah: The SB bet ($6). UTG called, but Hyjack folded. I'm starting to think the SB might have the same hand as me, but I still raised ($12). The SB and UTG called.

River [Td 9c 6d Ah] Kc: The SB checked, but UTG bet ($6). This got my attention, as I sat up in my chair and started thinking. He's a 70's gentleman, and so far he seemed to be playing like a 70's gentleman. He was just calling the whole time, so why is he betting now? Well, the current Nuts is QJ, which was an Open-Ended and Two Overs on the Flop. I doubt I would have called all five bets on the Flop, but many $3/$6 players would. KK is another possibility. Its not uncommon for a player to limp preflop with an Overpair (dumb, but not uncommon).  AK is also possible. Again, I wouldn't call 5 bets on the Flop, but this is a $3/$6 game.

Since I'm ahead of most of these hands, I finally decide to raise ($12). The SB quickly folded, but the UTG raised ($18). Even though I'm now getting around 20-1 on a call, I quickly fold my Straight face up. I just can't imagine a 70's gentleman 3-Betting on the River with anything but the Nuts. Surprisingly, he shows Ks Kc for a Set.

Just kidding. He showed Qc Jd for Broadway.

Limit poker is fun.

No comments: