Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April News & Notes

- March was a bad month for me. With all the tournaments in town, that meant bigger games, which also meant bigger swings. You already know about the $1080 tournament, and the $600 I lost playing PLO-8. I dropped $800 in a $3/$5 session the night before the tournament, and $400 at $2/$3 right after I busted out of the tournament.

I've also been playing way too much in the Pit, especially Video Poker. That's something that I need to stop doing (again). I haven't played in the Pit in a week.

- With the run of tournaments in town, I've been playing more No Limit cash games with mixed results. I still think the NL games in this town aren't good, so I'm gonna switch back to Limit as my primary game of choice. I would like to play more regularly in the Big Limit game at the Peppermill. I've only sat down twice, but I've won both times (+$543 total).

- I mentioned previously about a rumor of a new Peppermill Poker Room. Well, construction is underway. For those familiar with the Peppermill, it will where the Saucey's Smokehouse used to be.

The new room will have 19 tables, which is two more than they have now. But if you're gonna add tables, then why not make it 20 tables, instead of 19?

They say the new room will be open in May. I'm assuming that they want it open it up for the Nevada State Poker Championship, which is the Peppermill's biggest tournament series of the year, especially since the Heartland Poker Tour will be here this year.

I have only two requests for the new room. First, can there be a ban on Neon in the room? Second, the current room has three screens for the Tournament Timer, but none of them are in the Tournament area. Yes, this seems weird, but it's true. All three screens are in the Cash area, and only one of them can be seen from parts of the Tournament area. Is it possible to have a Tournament Timer that is actually in the Tournament area?

- I booked a room for the Vegas trip. I'll be at the Rio from June 12 - 21, and I got five of the nine nights comped. I'm not sure if anyone I know will be going from Cleveland, as people's plans seems to be in flux, but it will be a blast either way.

No comments: