Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hand Of The Day #69

Atlantis - 03.20.11 - $240 Tournament Level 7 (200/400/50)

It folds to the Cutoff, a Lady who recently arrived at our table but hasn't been active. She raises to 850. It folds to me in the BB. This is basically a min-raise, and I think min-raises in tournaments are retarded. Most of time, I will call and check in the dark without looking at my hand. Why? Because I'm getting at least 3.5/1 pot odds (even better odds with antes). I'm either gonna lose one more BB or I will win a big pot against someone trying to get action with their big pair. So I call the 450, and check in the dark without looking at my hand.

Flop: Qd 8c 3c - She bets 825. I now look at my hand, Q2c for Top Pair + Flush Draw. Sweet! I check-raise to 3100. She thinks for a bit, and calls

Turn: [Qd 8c 3c] 3s - Well, I'm not really sure where I'm at in this hand. She got around 7k left, and I have her comfortably covered. I decide to keep up the aggression, and go All-In. If I'm behind, then I have outs. She snap-calls, and shows 53d for Trip 3's.

I missed all of my outs on the River.

Nice Hand, Sir Madam.

No comments: