Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hand Of The Day #68

Grand Sierra - $1/$2 NLHE - 03.11.11

A few players limped in. Cutoff raised to $10. I'm in the SB with 7s 7h, and called. One or two others called. A Mid player backraised to $42. The Cutoff folded, and said he accidentally tossed two Red chips instead of two Blue chips. Even though I'm out of position, I decided to call. The Mid player has been rather tight and quiet so far. He's got around $400 behind, and I have him covered, so the Implied Odds are there. Everyone else folded.

The two of us see a Flop of Ad 9d 9c. Well, that's a big whiff for me, so I checked. He gathers some Red chips and bet $40. That's smells Weak to me, like he hates the Ace. If he had something like AK or even AA, he would probably bet more because of the Flush Draw. I decided to call, hoping that a bad card doesn't come on the Turn.

Turn [Ad 9d 9c] 2c - Perfect. I grab a stack of Red chips, and bet $100. The Mid player quickly folded. As the Dealer gathered up the pot and shipped it to me, I show my 77. A couple of the players say, "Nice move."

Yeah, it was.

I'm a player who is playing best when I'm being patient, and waiting for opportunities. This hand shows that there are other opportunities at the Poker table besides waking up with AA. Good players have learned to spot other opportunities, and that's something that I've been working on during the last 6 - 9 months.

No comments: