Followers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

All-In Main Event: Break 2 (End of Level 6 - 200/400/50)

They've broken a few tables, and have around 85 players. They are playing 11 spots, with 1st getting $33465.

It's much easier to be patient and play Small Pot Poker when things are going well. The wheels came off for me.

There is one guy at my table who is Dead Money, and he was down to around 3k chips. But he's playing most hands, and started hitting all of them. He would bet small on Flop or Turn, and overbet the River. After he did this a few times, I finally called his 4300 bet with 2nd pair, because I knew he didn't have Top Pair (K). I was right, but he hit his Set on the Turn (3). Later, I flopped Two Pair with 87 (A87). He called my Flop bet, but fired big on Turn and River with a Straight. I shouldn't have called the 5k bet on the River, but I called quickly out of frustration.

After that, I went very card dead. Every time I attempted to raise, that Dude called me because he was on my Left+1, and because he was calling everyone. I think I won my first pot since Break1 about 3 minutes before Break2, and it was just the Blinds & Antes.

I have 7175 chips, which is about 12 BB. I need to stay patient. This is a very slow structure.

No comments: