Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hand Of The Day #95

Grand Sierra 6:30 $60 Tournament Level 4 (300/600/100) ~ 04.10.12

This was a one table tournament, and there are six players left. UTG+1 limps in for 600, even though he has just 1400 total. I'm on the Button with Ah Kc, and make a standard raise to 1500. The SB folds. The BB called, which he had been doing alot. The UTG+1 calls for his last 1400.

The Flop is As 5c 3d. BB checks. I also check, hoping he'll hit something on the Turn so I can get some value later in the hand.

The Turn is [As 5c 3d] 4s. BB checks again. I bet 2000, hoping he has something. But he doesn't, and quickly folds. The Dealer ships me the huge Side Pot of 200, and I show my hand. But for whatever reason, UTG+1 didn't show his hand, and the Dealer dealt the River card.

River [As 5c 3d 4s] 2h. Drat! That terrible card means there is a Straight on the Board, and we are probably chopping, unless he happens to have a 6. UTG+1 still hasn't turned over his hand. He stands up, shakes his head, mucks his hand, and walks away from the table. The Dealer puts UTG+1's hand in the muck, and ships me the pot.

I don't understand why the Dealer dealt the River card before UTG+1 showed his hand. After all, that is standard for all tournament play. However, I'm really glad that nobody said anything about the Straight. There are a couple of very new players at this table. They have already made comments about hands when they shouldn't have, and were yelled at for it.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

1 comment:

Patrick said...

That is damned odd! I guess any time money comes your way it's agood thing though right?