Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nothing To See Here, Just Move Along

I'm sure many of you have notice that my posts are coming fewer and farther apart. The reason for this is simple. I'm just not motivated to sit down and type, although I'm not sure why.

This is post #363, which means I've outlasted 98% of the poker blogs out there, and that is damn impressive. But part of the problem is that with so many posts, things just aren't as interesting and blog-worthy anymore.

Plus, my work schedule has not improved like I thought it would, and it doesn't look like it's gonna anytime soon. I am getting one day off per week, but I'm working past 6pm the other five days. We just don't have enough bodies, and it will get much worse when the summer vacation season starts in June. I'm expecting to lose my off day, which means that Poker will remain just a spare-time hobby for the foreseeable future.

Or it could be I'm just in a funk these days, and it will eventually pass.

Either way, this isn't a post about me closing down the blog. I've got too much quality material to do that. I'm just letting y'all know that new posts may be coming less and less. It all depends on when I get motivated to sit down and type something. Hell, it took me a few days to finally get this small post typed up.

It could be a couple of weeks with nothing, and then maybe two or three posts within a week. It all depends on whether something interesting happens at the table that I feel like writing about. I could also do some opinion pieces, although I have nothing in mind right now. I've also considered doing some strategy posts, but who knows if I'll get around to it.

Also, the WSOP is only two months away, so I'm sure I'll be doing more entries while down in Sin City.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Take as much time as you need for this to be fun again. If its a chore then it's definitely time for a break.

Keep in mind that your content is always good and you dont have to worry about what might or might not be interesting to us. Just post your thoughts.

Patrick