Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lost Weekend? (Part 3)

Sun 11:00 ~ Atlantis $80 Bounty - 21 players

In Level 4 (200/400/50), there were a few limpers, so I raised to 1500 with Qh Qc in Mid. Button called, and so did the first limper. Flop 6h 5h 2h. First guy, a Kid who has already re-entered, went All-In for 6k-ish. I snap-called, and Button folded. Kid had 8h 8s, and I collected Bounty #1 ($20).

At the Break, I had 24400, which is certainly above average. Most of the knockouts have been at our table, so we have bigger chip stacks than the other table. There were 15 players left.

In the 500/1000/100 level, I got someone All-In with my AK vs AQ, and lost for 9600. Very next hand, there was one limper, and I raised to 3k with AK. Limper called, and he shoved on a K-high Flop. I called, and he also had AK for the chop.

Final Table was in the 800/1600/200 level. I had 12400, which was towards the bottom of the list.

After a couple of hands, I shoved for 12100 with 88. A shorter stack for about 6500 was the only caller. He had 33, and missed. I collected Bounty #2, and got my stack up to 20k.

A few hands later, there were some limpers. I'm the BB with KQo, and added 6k on top. One of the 60's limpers thought for a moment, and was the only caller. I went All-In in the dark before the Flop of Jc Jh 8h. He thought for almost a minute, and called for 9800 with 55 (really?). The Turn was [Jc Jh 8h] Td, which gave me even more outs, but the 3c on the River was not one of them.

Next hand, the 55 guy raised to 4k. The Cutoff went All-In for 25k-ish. I called with As Ac in the SB. Original raiser called with Kh Ks. Cutoff had Q9h. Board ran out 6h 4h 2s 5c 3d, and the three of us chop the pot. Agghhhhh!  I would have rather been knocked out than chop it three ways.

Next hand, it folded to me on the Button, and I shoved for 7900 with J9c. The BB, the guy from the previous hand, called the extra 6300 with 85o (really?). Fortunately, I didn't get shafted, and got a courtesy double up.

The blinds went up to 1k/2k/300, and things didn't improve for me. I eventually shoved with K9d, and the BB called with JJ. I was out in 7th place.

(-$40)

14:45 ~ Peppermill $10/$20 Omaha-8

I walked into the Peppermill, and waited for almost 30 minutes to get four players and start the game. Eventually we got up to eight players. For whatever reason, both $4/$8 and $10/$20 Omaha-8 get a big crowd on Saturdays, but barely runs on Sundays.

As for my session, it was more frustration and pain. I ended up leaving after two hour -$244 before I lost my entire $500 buy-in.

I've played 18 sessions of Omaha-8 this year (9 of each), and I'm down $1275 between both games. I don't know if I'm running like shit, or I'm not as good as I thought I was. Either way, I'm done with this game for a while. I can only keep banging my head against the wall for so long before I realize that I have to stop.

(-$244)

18:30 ~ Peppermill $55 tourney - 27 players

I started out the tourney by abusing the player on my Right. I wasn't targeting him; the hands just played out that way.

First hand, he raised to 200 in the 25/50 level from Cutoff. I called with 77 on the Button. Four player saw the Flop of Ts 7d 3d. He bet 400. I decided to just call, and the others folded. Turn [Ts 7d 3d] Td. We both checked. River [Ts 7d 3d Td] 2d. He bet 500, and I raised to 1500. He asked if I had a Full House, and called. I'm not sure how big his Diamond was.

In the 50/100 Level, he limped in UTG. I was next, and made my standard 200 raise with AQo. Four players saw a J-high Flop. I made a standard 525 c-bet, and he was the only caller. The beautiful As hit the Turn, and he checked. I considered checking for deception, but I just did that against him with 77. Since I slowplayed that one, I decided to fastplay this one. I bet 1k here, and 2k on the River. He didn't show what he had called me down with.

In the 100/200/25 level, a few players limped, and he min-raised (400) on the Button with only 1000 behind. I 3-bet to 1400 with AQ, and he was the only called with JJ. The Q on Flop sent him away from table mumbling to himself. No bounty for me in this tourney.

At the Break before the 300/600/100 level,  I had 22000 chips.

The carnage continued, and I got to the Final Table with 55k, which made me the comfortable chip leader. It's early in the 1500/3k/300 level.

The carnage continued, but I was now the victim. I gave two courtesy double-ups in the first orbit.

It folded around to the SB who shoved for 9600. I was the BB, and snap-called with A8o. He had K4o, and rivered a K. Two hands later, it folded to me on the Button, and I raised to 7500 with AJo. The BB called, and had 3200 left. Flop was KT4. He pushed, and I called. He had KJo, and I missed my 7-outer.

This brought me back to the rest of the pack. I wasn't able to rebuild my lead, and the shortstacks kept doubling up. We went through the 2k/4k/400 level, and got to the 3k/6k/500 level while knocking out only two players.

It folded around to me in the SB. The BB had let herself get blinded out, only had 5600 left. I had K7, and she had Q4. She ended up hitting Queens Full, and I was down under 15k.

Two hands later, I shoved from the Cutoff with J8h. The SB was already All-In for 1400, which I didn't realize. The BB made the crying call with Q6o. The SB had A7h, and everyone missed the Board. The SB wins the Main Pot, the BB wins the Side Pot, and I went from Chip Leader to out in 8th place (again).

(-$55)

Weekend Wrap-Up:

$1/$2 NL: +$214 (2 sessions)
Omaha-8: -$324 (2 sessions)
7 Tournaments: +$163 ($520 Buy-In, $683 Cashout)
Grand Total: +$53

Between the silliness of Omaha-8 and the absurdity in the deep runs of my donkaments, this was undoubtedly one of the Top 5 Most Frustrating Poker Weekends of my life so far. How many times did I type the words "Chip Leader" and "Final Table"? I understand that variance happens, and all that shit, but to have it happen that many times in such a short period is just...

AAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!

The only silver lining of this weekend is the Grand Total has a plus sign in front of it. Although $53 is a really thin silver lining.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Can we add some more silver to the lining? You DID get to play poker. :-)

Patrick